Sponsored

Those of you with dual tops, what do you do with your electrical connectors for the hard top when the soft top is on?

Stain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
For those of you with dual tops, what do you do with your electrical connectors for the hard top when the soft top is on? I know there is a receptacle to plug into that is installed but when fully down, the soft top knocks it out of the pre-cut hole. Any solutions to protect or store the cable other than to let it hang loose?

Jeep Wrangler JL Those of you with dual tops, what do you do with your electrical connectors for the hard top when the soft top is on? 20210303_192440
Sponsored

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
My soft top does not knock it loose. I didn't even know that that was a thing.

When I had the JK, I would let it hang loose though.

bgrex

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara Altitude - Sting Gray
Ditto, in 2yrs I’ve never had the soft top interfere with the plastic harness retainer. @Stain I’m sure you’ve already checked, but I’d guess your retainer is just not installed securely or is defective. Should be easy/cheap to fix. That Chief Blue is looking good though :rock:

OP
OP

Stain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Ditto, in 2yrs I’ve never had the soft top interfere with the plastic harness retainer. @Stain I’m sure you’ve already checked, but I’d guess your retainer is just not installed securely or is defective. Should be easy/cheap to fix. That Chief Blue is looking good though :rock:
Thanks. Loving the Chief Blue.

I've re-seated the retainer, but when the top goes up or down, it still makes contact. Maybe I'll see about ordering another one.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Something is wrong with the retainer, mine stays in place top up or down.
Gregj
Sponsored