Sponsored

Socks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon Hardrock
My 2021 model year 392 XR came home on Wednesday and Iā€™m still learning all about it. Itā€™s been a long road, but hereā€™s a summary of what I went through to get this:
  • Contacted dealers last August to put in an order locally. One wanted around 15k ā€œmarket adjustmentā€ LOL, another one was out of allocation.
  • Contacted a Jeep dealer next big town up from me, and they offered to order me one with no market adjustment and after some haggling back and forth, placed the order beginning of September.
  • But after several days I discovered they ordered it in the wrong color. After frantic action on the dealers part, and getting the district manager involved, color was changed.
  • September went by, October came and went, November came and my Jeep left the factory on a train, heading to south Florida and to my dealer. After several agonizing weeks in transit, I picked it up yesterday!
I love driving it, love the one touch top as well. Itā€™s loud AF. When I was driving it home yesterday, almost every time I stopped I instictively looked around to see what car was making that sweet low rumbling engine noise, but it was ME. That happened several times LOL. After two days I already got two Jeep waves and a thumbs up. It gets some attention.

This is my first Wrangler, after coming from a Honda Pilot. When I first got this 392 home, I thought ā€œwhat the hell did I just do? Look at this giant beast!ā€œ The XR is really big in person, to me at least. But itā€™s so fun to drive! My once skeptical wife is now totally in love with riding in this thing. She actually asked me to take her for two drives since yesterday (this never happened in my Pilot) and weā€™re now taking it for a weekend getaway this weekend. And top down for maximum pleasure (weā€™re in south Florida so weather is great for that right now).

Pluses:
  • engine power
  • excellent styling
  • big- lots of room inside. With seats folded down in back, itā€™s surprisingly cavernous with lots of room
  • unique vehicle that gets attention
  • one touch roof is great and well worth it
  • wheels are sharp
  • love the white color with gold accents

Minuses and concerns:
  • I filled up the tank right after I drove it off the lot yesterday, and my oh my this thing has a big stomach.
  • Steering wheel is slightly cocked to the left if Iā€™m driving straight. Not a big deal, but noticeable. Hopefully an alignment or something will fix it. Probably getting on the train and two trucks for delivery screwed up the alignment.
  • And as others have experienced, the muffler/tailpipes are a little off kilter, but honestly this doesnā€™t bother me at all.
  • The dealer was great to deal with, but since my Jeep was crammed full of boxes for the half doors, an interior inspection wasnā€™t possible. Iā€™m now missing the bags for the removable rear panels, and I think I was supposed to get some tools as well. Dealer is supposed to investigate and deliver these to me, but that remains to be resolved at the moment.
  • Like a goofball, I slammed the hood down from about 2 feet up, thinking it was the slam down and lock type of hood. Donā€™t make that mistake. I lost sleep over it thinking I hurt something LOL. Gently let the hood down and lock it.
  • Some gentrified neighbors giving me the stink eye for bringing home such a loud smack in the face beast. Oh well LOL

All in all, a very enjoyable and unique vehicle. Itā€™s not Lexus or Cadillac, so donā€™t expect that kind of ride, but the fun factor makes up for it. First day with top down youā€™ll have no regrets. This 392 is more comfortable than other Wranglers I have driven as well. Enjoy the pics of Thor!

IMG_3272.jpg
IMG_3274.jpg
IMG_3275.jpg
IMG_3276.jpg
IMG_3277.jpg
IMG_3278.jpg
IMG_3279.jpg
IMG_3280.jpg
IMG_3281.jpg
IMG_3282.jpg
Beautiful rig! None around me for at least 200 miles. Going to be a few months but I'm going to try and get one before the end of the 2022 model year.

OP
OP
Hearhear

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
Is the hinge reinforcement worth the money? That is one giant spare tire.
It's my first Wrangler and I really don't know if it's better than what's normally provided, but I imagine it is. The cost was included with the extreme recon package.

Sponsored

flot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392
What part of South Florida?

I'm from Parkland, and I'm waiting for my Black to be built.
Maybe we can get together when I get mine too. ā˜•
Pompton checking in - I've only seen one 392 in S Florida so far - hoping my blue 392 gets built in January!

Agreed with comments above - the stripe looks good on white!

Last edited:

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
My 2021 model year 392 XR came home on Wednesday and Iā€™m still learning all about it. Itā€™s been a long road, but hereā€™s a summary of what I went through to get this:
  • Contacted dealers last August to put in an order locally. One wanted around 15k ā€œmarket adjustmentā€ LOL, another one was out of allocation.
  • Contacted a Jeep dealer next big town up from me, and they offered to order me one with no market adjustment and after some haggling back and forth, placed the order beginning of September.
  • But after several days I discovered they ordered it in the wrong color. After frantic action on the dealers part, and getting the district manager involved, color was changed.
  • September went by, October came and went, November came and my Jeep left the factory on a train, heading to south Florida and to my dealer. After several agonizing weeks in transit, I picked it up yesterday!
I love driving it, love the one touch top as well. Itā€™s loud AF. When I was driving it home yesterday, almost every time I stopped I instictively looked around to see what car was making that sweet low rumbling engine noise, but it was ME. That happened several times LOL. After two days I already got two Jeep waves and a thumbs up. It gets some attention.

This is my first Wrangler, after coming from a Honda Pilot. When I first got this 392 home, I thought ā€œwhat the hell did I just do? Look at this giant beast!ā€œ The XR is really big in person, to me at least. But itā€™s so fun to drive! My once skeptical wife is now totally in love with riding in this thing. She actually asked me to take her for two drives since yesterday (this never happened in my Pilot) and weā€™re now taking it for a weekend getaway this weekend. And top down for maximum pleasure (weā€™re in south Florida so weather is great for that right now).

Pluses:
  • engine power
  • excellent styling
  • big- lots of room inside. With seats folded down in back, itā€™s surprisingly cavernous with lots of room
  • unique vehicle that gets attention
  • one touch roof is great and well worth it
  • wheels are sharp
  • love the white color with gold accents

Minuses and concerns:
  • I filled up the tank right after I drove it off the lot yesterday, and my oh my this thing has a big stomach.
  • Steering wheel is slightly cocked to the left if Iā€™m driving straight. Not a big deal, but noticeable. Hopefully an alignment or something will fix it. Probably getting on the train and two trucks for delivery screwed up the alignment.
  • And as others have experienced, the muffler/tailpipes are a little off kilter, but honestly this doesnā€™t bother me at all.
  • The dealer was great to deal with, but since my Jeep was crammed full of boxes for the half doors, an interior inspection wasnā€™t possible. Iā€™m now missing the bags for the removable rear panels, and I think I was supposed to get some tools as well. Dealer is supposed to investigate and deliver these to me, but that remains to be resolved at the moment.
  • Like a goofball, I slammed the hood down from about 2 feet up, thinking it was the slam down and lock type of hood. Donā€™t make that mistake. I lost sleep over it thinking I hurt something LOL. Gently let the hood down and lock it.
  • Some gentrified neighbors giving me the stink eye for bringing home such a loud smack in the face beast. Oh well LOL

All in all, a very enjoyable and unique vehicle. Itā€™s not Lexus or Cadillac, so donā€™t expect that kind of ride, but the fun factor makes up for it. First day with top down youā€™ll have no regrets. This 392 is more comfortable than other Wranglers I have driven as well. Enjoy the pics of Thor!

IMG_3272.jpg
IMG_3274.jpg
IMG_3275.jpg
IMG_3276.jpg
IMG_3277.jpg
IMG_3278.jpg
IMG_3279.jpg
IMG_3280.jpg
IMG_3281.jpg
IMG_3282.jpg
awesome looking Wrangler! Well done! I wish you many years of trouble-free fun! ;)

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
IMG_3274.jpg

Man really starting to like the pinstripe!
I LOVE this 1941 side stripe but it wasn't an option on the Willys! :( Also, I wanted the Sarge green so the black pin stripe or hood decal wouldn't have shown well.

Sponsored

Uncommon Sense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray '22 392XR
I LOVE this 1941 side stripe but it wasn't an option on the Willys! :( Also, I wanted the Sarge green so the black pin stripe or hood decal wouldn't have shown well.
I tried to order stripe for my 2022 XR, but apparently it isn't offered from factory anymore. It doesn't show up on build option sheet (but still shows on jeep.com configurator).

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Wait, you had to fill it up right after you purchased it??? You got screwed if this is true. Stellantis pays the dealer back for filling up all new vehicles. On top of that you spent somewhere around $70k and they couldnā€™t fill up the tank. Your dealer sucks ass. Plus the salesman shouldā€™ve checked for all your stuff before you took delivery. Thatā€™s there job. Your Jeep looks nice. I hope you enjoy it. I personally am not a fan of the power top or those stupid little fender extensions they added because of XR package.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
When I was driving it home yesterday, almost every time I stopped I instictively looked around to see what car was making that sweet low rumbling engine noise, but it was MEā€¦It gets some attention.
This happens to all of us sometimes, especially after eating spicy food. Nothing a little gas-x and rolling down the windows wonā€™t fix. šŸ˜‚
Nice Jeep, though!

BradyW

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Vehicle Showcase
The crooked muffler issue is pretty easy to fix in your driveway. Follow the steps outlined in this thread. Jeep392.com thread on crooked muffler. The driver's side doesn't hang as low as it should on many from the factory. Congrats!

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Congrats man WOW!!! :clap:

Yeah I can't wait to see some pics from a far, I have the EXACT same 392 XR coming in this month. You gotta post a few.
Sponsored