Sponsored

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
My 2021 model year 392 XR came home on Wednesday and I’m still learning all about it. It’s been a long road, but here’s a summary of what I went through to get this:
  • Contacted dealers last August to put in an order locally. One wanted around 15k “market adjustment” LOL, another one was out of allocation.
  • Contacted a Jeep dealer next big town up from me, and they offered to order me one with no market adjustment and after some haggling back and forth, placed the order beginning of September.
  • But after several days I discovered they ordered it in the wrong color. After frantic action on the dealers part, and getting the district manager involved, color was changed.
  • September went by, October came and went, November came and my Jeep left the factory on a train, heading to south Florida and to my dealer. After several agonizing weeks in transit, I picked it up yesterday!
I love driving it, love the one touch top as well. It’s loud AF. When I was driving it home yesterday, almost every time I stopped I instictively looked around to see what car was making that sweet low rumbling engine noise, but it was ME. That happened several times LOL. After two days I already got two Jeep waves and a thumbs up. It gets some attention.

This is my first Wrangler, after coming from a Honda Pilot. When I first got this 392 home, I thought “what the hell did I just do? Look at this giant beast!“ The XR is really big in person, to me at least. But it’s so fun to drive! My once skeptical wife is now totally in love with riding in this thing. She actually asked me to take her for two drives since yesterday (this never happened in my Pilot) and we’re now taking it for a weekend getaway this weekend. And top down for maximum pleasure (we’re in south Florida so weather is great for that right now).

Pluses:
  • engine power
  • excellent styling
  • big- lots of room inside. With seats folded down in back, it’s surprisingly cavernous with lots of room
  • unique vehicle that gets attention
  • one touch roof is great and well worth it
  • wheels are sharp
  • love the white color with gold accents

Minuses and concerns:
  • I filled up the tank right after I drove it off the lot yesterday, and my oh my this thing has a big stomach.
  • Steering wheel is slightly cocked to the left if I’m driving straight. Not a big deal, but noticeable. Hopefully an alignment or something will fix it. Probably getting on the train and two trucks for delivery screwed up the alignment.
  • And as others have experienced, the muffler/tailpipes are a little off kilter, but honestly this doesn’t bother me at all.
  • The dealer was great to deal with, but since my Jeep was crammed full of boxes for the half doors, an interior inspection wasn’t possible. I’m now missing the bags for the removable rear panels, and I think I was supposed to get some tools as well. Dealer is supposed to investigate and deliver these to me, but that remains to be resolved at the moment.
  • Like a goofball, I slammed the hood down from about 2 feet up, thinking it was the slam down and lock type of hood. Don’t make that mistake. I lost sleep over it thinking I hurt something LOL. Gently let the hood down and lock it.
  • Some gentrified neighbors giving me the stink eye for bringing home such a loud smack in the face beast. Oh well LOL

All in all, a very enjoyable and unique vehicle. It’s not Lexus or Cadillac, so don’t expect that kind of ride, but the fun factor makes up for it. First day with top down you’ll have no regrets. This 392 is more comfortable than other Wranglers I have driven as well. Enjoy the pics of Thor!

Jeep Wrangler JL Thor Has Landed! (392 XR in white) IMG_3272
Jeep Wrangler JL Thor Has Landed! (392 XR in white) IMG_3274
Jeep Wrangler JL Thor Has Landed! (392 XR in white) IMG_3275
Jeep Wrangler JL Thor Has Landed! (392 XR in white) IMG_3276
Jeep Wrangler JL Thor Has Landed! (392 XR in white) IMG_3277
Jeep Wrangler JL Thor Has Landed! (392 XR in white) IMG_3278
Jeep Wrangler JL Thor Has Landed! (392 XR in white) IMG_3279
Jeep Wrangler JL Thor Has Landed! (392 XR in white) IMG_3280
Jeep Wrangler JL Thor Has Landed! (392 XR in white) IMG_3281
Jeep Wrangler JL Thor Has Landed! (392 XR in white) IMG_3282
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
My 2021 model year 392 XR came home on Wednesday and I’m still learning all about it. It’s been a long road, but here’s a summary of what I went through to get this:
  • Contacted dealers last August to put in an order locally. One wanted around 15k “market adjustment” LOL, another one was out of allocation.
  • Contacted a Jeep dealer next big town up from me, and they offered to order me one with no market adjustment and after some haggling back and forth, placed the order beginning of September.
  • But after several days I discovered they ordered it in the wrong color. After frantic action on the dealers part, and getting the district manager involved, color was changed.
  • September went by, October came and went, November came and my Jeep left the factory on a train, heading to south Florida and to my dealer. After several agonizing weeks in transit, I picked it up yesterday!
I love driving it, love the one touch top as well. It’s loud AF. When I was driving it home yesterday, almost every time I stopped I instictively looked around to see what car was making that sweet low rumbling engine noise, but it was ME. That happened several times LOL. After two days I already got two Jeep waves and a thumbs up. It gets some attention.

This is my first Wrangler, after coming from a Honda Pilot. When I first got this 392 home, I thought “what the hell did I just do? Look at this giant beast!“ The XR is really big in person, to me at least. But it’s so fun to drive! My once skeptical wife is now totally in love with riding in this thing. She actually asked me to take her for two drives since yesterday (this never happened in my Pilot) and we’re now taking it for a weekend getaway this weekend. And top down for maximum pleasure (we’re in south Florida so weather is great for that right now).

Pluses:
engine power
excellent styling
big- lots of room inside. With seats folded down in back, it’s surprisingly cavernous with lots of room
unique vehicle that gets attention
one touch roof is great and well worth it
wheels are sharp
love the white color with gold accents

Minuses and concerns:
I filled up the tank right after I drove it off the lot yesterday, and my oh my this thing has a big stomach.
Steering wheel is slightly cocked to the left if I’m driving straight. Not a big deal, but noticeable. Hopefully an alignment or something will fix it. Probably getting on the train and two trucks for delivery screwed up the alignment.
And as others have experienced, the muffler/tailpipes are a little off kilter, but honestly this doesn’t bother me at all.
The dealer was great to deal with, but since my Jeep was crammed full of boxes for the half doors, an interior inspection wasn’t possible. I’m now missing the bags for the removable rear panels, and I think I was supposed to get some tools as well. Dealer is supposed to investigate and deliver these to me, but that remains to be resolved at the moment.
Like a goofball, I slammed the hood down from about 2 feet up, thinking it was the slam down and lock type of hood. Don’t make that mistake. I lost sleep over it thinking I hurt something LOL. Gently let the hood down and lock it.
Some gentrified neighbors giving me the stink eye for bringing home such a loud smack in the face beast. Oh well LOL

All in all, a very enjoyable and unique vehicle. It’s not Lexus or Cadillac, so don’t expect that kind of ride, but the fun factor makes up for it. First day with top down you’ll have no regrets. This 392 is more comfortable than other Wranglers I have driven as well. Enjoy the pics of Thor!
She's beautiful, Congrats!
I've always felt that White and Sarge Green wear the gold/bronze accents the best. How did you like the weight of that hood? I've never really felt "my age" till the first time I opened mine, I seriously thought something was wrong with me at first! 😄

Anyway, glad to hear you enjoy it so much. Congrats again,
-Rob

OP
OP
Hearhear

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
Oh I need to look underneath and see what version of the oil pan I have. Will report.

Sponsored

valen22us

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 2019

Pluses:
engine power
excellent styling
big- lots of room inside. With seats folded down in back, it’s surprisingly cavernous with lots of room
unique vehicle that gets attention
one touch roof is great and well worth it
wheels are sharp
love the white color with gold accents

Minuses and concerns:
I filled up the tank right after I drove it off the lot yesterday, and my oh my this thing has a big stomach.
Steering wheel is slightly cocked to the left if I’m driving straight. Not a big deal, but noticeable. Hopefully an alignment or something will fix it. Probably getting on the train and two trucks for delivery screwed up the alignment.
And as others have experienced, the muffler/tailpipes are a little off kilter, but honestly this doesn’t bother me at all.
The dealer was great to deal with, but since my Jeep was crammed full of boxes for the half doors, an interior inspection wasn’t possible. I’m now missing the bags for the removable rear panels, and I think I was supposed to get some tools as well. Dealer is supposed to investigate and deliver these to me, but that remains to be resolved at the moment.
Like a goofball, I slammed the hood down from about 2 feet up, thinking it was the slam down and lock type of hood. Don’t make that mistake. I lost sleep over it thinking I hurt something LOL. Gently let the hood down and lock it.
Some gentrified neighbors giving me the stink eye for bringing home such a loud smack in the face beast. Oh well LOL

Beautiful, congrats:)

What part of South Florida?

I'm from Parkland, and I'm waiting for my Black to be built.
Maybe we can get together when I get mine too. ☕

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
My oh my, that is beautiful.

SOT is better than I thought it would be.

ErAcEr

First Name
Matthew (Mateo)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 ZH2 , 2018 Z900, 2013 Vulcan 1700
Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Congrats on the big beast. Since you mentioned the hood, a lot of us have Redline Tunning Hood struts. And they are a great quality of life addition for maintenace and ease of use.

OP
OP
Hearhear

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
Oh I need to look underneath and see what version of the oil pan I have. Will report.
Ok, oil pan must either be the new type or missing because I don’t see it hanging down. It’s not obvious.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Ok, oil pan must either be the new type or missing because I don’t see it hanging down. It’s not obvious.
It's the new type... same w/ mine (also just showed up on Dec 22).

Sponsored

Kansas JL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon ( sold). 2022 392 XR Tuscadero
The 1941 strip looks awesome on white! Very sharp

Ronin-go

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Pontiac Firebird, 1968 GMC stepside, 2009 G8
Congratulations! Yours took about a month less than mine. But however long the wait, it's so totally worth it when it finally gets to your driveway.

NBB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
My steering wheel was off a bit too, but settled straight after about 1k miles. I think they set it there intentionally for the suspension to settle in. Lots of videos online on how to adjust - some guys do often, right on the side of the road, after a hard trail.

narcotik33

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon XtremeRecon
Congratulations. That’s an awesome Jeep!
Sponsored