Love the Analog HD wheels. I've been eyeing those for my 392.Woo hoo for getting the half doors! I love mine.
wow, what a combination of the best stuff: half doors, one-touch roof, V8, and 35” tires.
Post more pictures outside from further away.
A part of me really wanted the one-touch roof, and now after putting 37” tires I can appreciate those with a V8. But couldn’t compromise on giving up amanual transmission.
I still love my Jeep:
Where in South Florida are you located? I’m in LHP and ordered mine in August as well. I agree that NO dealers in South Florida were helpful (crazy markups, no allocation, etc). Where did you order from? I dealt with Vatland up in Vero Beach. Hoping to have it before February!My 2021 model year 392 XR came home on Wednesday and I’m still learning all about it. It’s been a long road, but here’s a summary of what I went through to get this:
I love driving it, love the one touch top as well. It’s loud AF. When I was driving it home yesterday, almost every time I stopped I instictively looked around to see what car was making that sweet low rumbling engine noise, but it was ME. That happened several times LOL. After two days I already got two Jeep waves and a thumbs up. It gets some attention.
- Contacted dealers last August to put in an order locally. One wanted around 15k “market adjustment” LOL, another one was out of allocation.
- Contacted a Jeep dealer next big town up from me, and they offered to order me one with no market adjustment and after some haggling back and forth, placed the order beginning of September.
- But after several days I discovered they ordered it in the wrong color. After frantic action on the dealers part, and getting the district manager involved, color was changed.
- September went by, October came and went, November came and my Jeep left the factory on a train, heading to south Florida and to my dealer. After several agonizing weeks in transit, I picked it up yesterday!
This is my first Wrangler, after coming from a Honda Pilot. When I first got this 392 home, I thought “what the hell did I just do? Look at this giant beast!“ The XR is really big in person, to me at least. But it’s so fun to drive! My once skeptical wife is now totally in love with riding in this thing. She actually asked me to take her for two drives since yesterday (this never happened in my Pilot) and we’re now taking it for a weekend getaway this weekend. And top down for maximum pleasure (we’re in south Florida so weather is great for that right now).
- engine power
- excellent styling
- big- lots of room inside. With seats folded down in back, it’s surprisingly cavernous with lots of room
- unique vehicle that gets attention
- one touch roof is great and well worth it
- wheels are sharp
- love the white color with gold accents
Minuses and concerns:
- I filled up the tank right after I drove it off the lot yesterday, and my oh my this thing has a big stomach.
- Steering wheel is slightly cocked to the left if I’m driving straight. Not a big deal, but noticeable. Hopefully an alignment or something will fix it. Probably getting on the train and two trucks for delivery screwed up the alignment.
- And as others have experienced, the muffler/tailpipes are a little off kilter, but honestly this doesn’t bother me at all.
- The dealer was great to deal with, but since my Jeep was crammed full of boxes for the half doors, an interior inspection wasn’t possible. I’m now missing the bags for the removable rear panels, and I think I was supposed to get some tools as well. Dealer is supposed to investigate and deliver these to me, but that remains to be resolved at the moment.
- Like a goofball, I slammed the hood down from about 2 feet up, thinking it was the slam down and lock type of hood. Don’t make that mistake. I lost sleep over it thinking I hurt something LOL. Gently let the hood down and lock it.
- Some gentrified neighbors giving me the stink eye for bringing home such a loud smack in the face beast. Oh well LOL
All in all, a very enjoyable and unique vehicle. It’s not Lexus or Cadillac, so don’t expect that kind of ride, but the fun factor makes up for it. First day with top down you’ll have no regrets. This 392 is more comfortable than other Wranglers I have driven as well. Enjoy the pics of Thor!
I’m west coast, south of Tampa. It is unreal how bad and unscrupulous the Jeep dealers are down here. It’s like they‘re competing to see who can be the sleaziest.Where in South Florida are you located? I’m in LHP and ordered mine in August as well. I agree that NO dealers in South Florida were helpful (crazy markups, no allocation, etc). Where did you order from? I dealt with Vatland up in Vero Beach. Hoping to have it before February!
You noticed. I like them too obviously. Just note:Love the Analog HD wheels. I've been eyeing those for my 392.
Thanks for the heads up. I like the old school steelie look. I am not really into flashy or overly complicated wheels. Trying to kind of keep my 392 looking like a sleeper / restomod.You noticed. I like them too obviously. Just note:
- They are old school looking. Not flashy like some wheels.
- It took months to receive due to shipping shortages from their factory across the ocean and containers stuck in port, but maybe things are better now.
- Even though wheels were very nicely packaged, out of five, two had minor chip on back side (so I kept them), and one a significant chip on back side (not safe) so I returned, and still waiting for replacement.
- The guy at Fifteen52 is really nice and did all he could given the circumstances.