This was kind of a bummer

SOON

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys 4XE
I just got my Bestop roof rack today and noticed “Made In China” on the box. Not the end of the world I guess but a bummer.
I’ll let you know my thoughts on it after I install it tomorrow

IMG_3205.jpeg
Sponsored

Flip

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Build Thread
Link
I feel you. Years ago, I was going to order a Warn winch for my TJ. It too is made in China. What a disappointment. :facepalm:

If China ever cuts us off, I'm afraid we won't be able to buy a set of boot laces.

OP
OP
SOON

SOON

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys 4XE
I feel you. Years ago, I was going to order a Warn winch for my TJ. It too is made in China. What a disappointment. :facepalm:

If China ever cuts us off, I'm afraid we won't be able to buy a set of boot laces.
If China ever cut us off they’d be screwed. Lol

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
I understand that some "manufacturers" want to maximize their profits and have everything outsourced to China to save a buck, but why not just save half a buck and make your shit in Mexico or Brazil so you can at least claim its "Made in America" :facepalm:

Or hell, as a US company, at least stick to countries that aren't openly hostile to the United States on a regular basis. /rant

Sponsored

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
It's not just manufacturers. Don't forget consumers, who don't want to pay for quality stuff made in the US.
We need to build or open existing shuttered plants here & yes pay a few bucks more for things to be US made!

Reactions: AFD

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

From what I understand their cheap(er) VR line is the only one made in China. Also from what I understand: some Mopar parts are made in China.

Hopefully you don't own an iPhone if it's that much of a concern.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Hopefully you don't own an iPhone if it's that much of a concern.
Oddly enough, many phones are made by Foxconn, a Taiwanese company. Unfortunately, they also have most everything manufactured in mainland China, even though Taiwan-China relations are probably worse than ours.

OP
OP
SOON

SOON

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys 4XE
Got it installed. Was kind of a pain in the butt. Instructions could have been better. The kit doesn’t come with any extra washers and bolts so if you get it make sure you don’t lose anything. Reviews said it was noisy but didn’t experience any issue with that. Had the freedom tips off and drive to the store topped out around 50 mph. I’ll have a better feel for road noise after our trip. But it’s nice for the price.

IMG_3208.jpeg

IMG_3207.jpeg
Sponsored

Reactions: AFD