Sponsored

this topic has been covered (but I can't find it)

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
How much taller is the JLURD over the JLUR? (I seem to recall an inch). Does anyone have a fairly precise height measurement for an unmolested JLURD? I'm adding 35s, but I'm having 2nd thoughts about a lift. I'm concerned that the combo will look a little under-tired., and I don't want to go bigger. The 35s are the limit for me given the extra wear/tear on components, the unsprung weight's impact, and the heft challenge when rotating the tires (I'm a senior)

This is a cosmetic change only - no offroad in it's immediate future.
Sponsored

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
It is basically an inch, I think it's in the front only though. Mine came with a reverse rake, it was taller in the front than in the rear. Sorry I do not recall specific measurements of roof or fender heights.

Pretty easy to see though.
Jeep Wrangler JL this topic has been covered (but I can't find it) IMG_20200729_132159

Themistocles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Ram 2500 Cummins / 20 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
How much taller is the JLURD over the JLUR? (I seem to recall an inch). Does anyone have a fairly precise height measurement for an unmolested JLURD? I'm adding 35s, but I'm having 2nd thoughts about a lift. I'm concerned that the combo will look a little under-tired., and I don't want to go bigger. The 35s are the limit for me given the extra wear/tear on components, the unsprung weight's impact, and the heft challenge when rotating the tires (I'm a senior)

This is a cosmetic change only - no offroad in it's immediate future.
I have pictures of my stock JLURD height measurements on my build thread.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/diesel-build-2020-sting-gray-jlurd.54579/

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Themistocles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Ram 2500 Cummins / 20 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
No, though i plan on measuring things again this weekend ti get hieght post 35s and prelift. I can measure total hieght and now and subtract hieght gain from the 35s. Should be within probably .125 of actual. I added bumpers, but they are aluminum so spring compression based on weight gain should be extremely minimal.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
No, though i plan on measuring things again this weekend ti get hieght post 35s and prelift.
This is exactly the measurement that I need - thanks