This sucks!

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Started to go at it last night before it got too dark and drank too many beers. Anyone have a link or info on doing this step by step? Seems most of the YouTube videos show for a JK.
Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
This looks correct to me even though it says JK..you might want to just download the JL shop manual and cross reference. Then again, any jeep shop is likely intimately familiar with the repair. I know my local shop completes about one a week and can do it in a single day. Might be easier to just drink a beer and let them do it :). That's my action plan as of late. I know if I went through all that and it still leaked I wouldn't be a happy camper. Also, if you have all that stuff off just as soon swap out the spark plugs.

Last edited:

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
This looks correct to me even though it says JK..you might want to just download the JL shop manual and cross reference. Then again, any jeep shop is likely intimately familiar with the repair. I know my local shop completes about one a week and can do it in a single day. Might be easier to just drink a beer and let them do it :). That's my action plan as of late. I know if I went through all that and it still leaked I wouldn't be a happy camper. Also, if you have all that stuff off just as soon swap out the spark plugs.
The pentastar engine is the most common engine on the road in the United States. There’s nothing special about our Jeeps. Any shop you stumble across will be familiar with these.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Started to go at it last night before it got too dark and drank too many beers. Anyone have a link or info on doing this step by step? Seems most of the YouTube videos show for a JK.
Some of my best repairs came after too many beers, although I did need decent lighting :)

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Some of my best repairs came after too many beers, although I did need decent lighting :)
We tried that actually :CWL:

unfortunately we back tracked. We realized mine had been taken apart before with a stripped bolt, missing hardware and a broken harness. I’ll wait until I get her home to really dive in

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
We tried that actually :CWL:

unfortunately we back tracked. We realized mine had been taken apart before with a stripped bolt, missing hardware and a broken harness. I’ll wait until I get her home to really dive in
Damn, nothing like a stripped bolt and missing shit to kill a good beer buzz :(
Sponsored