Sponsored

This one:

wordslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grand cherokee
I come on this site and read, listen, and try to learn. And so, what have I learned?

I have learned that I do the best research that I can, make a choice, and then I throw it to you all and blindly follow your advice with reckless abandon.

And with that being said, this is going to be my next purchase if there is a consensus. Again, my goals: A rarely ever used winch. Just something I could use in a pinch. Must fit into the factory steel bumper. And with those as my criteria......

I know the suspense is killing you. And the choice I made is.......

https://www.amazon.com/Smittybilt-98510-Waterproof-Synthetic-Winch/dp/B00K150VAI
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Hopefully you’ve also learned that forum vendors can save you a lot of money on these purchases sometimes. It’s on sale at Northridge right now and the forum discount code works. $433.

I have that one. Can’t say how well it works, haven’t had to use it yet. Hopefully you never do either.

OP
OP
wordslayer

wordslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grand cherokee
Hopefully you’ve also learned that forum vendors can save you a lot of money on these purchases sometimes. It’s on sale at Northridge right now and the forum discount code works. $433.

I have that one. Can’t say how well it works, haven’t had to use it yet. Hopefully you never do either.
thanks for the tip! I just imaged a link for viewing. I'll buy it from where you suggested because I do business with those that give to the community. It was the same reasoning I bought my jeep locally. I know I paid over what I could have bought it elsewhere, but I want to support those that support our communities.

OrangeDonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

What is the coupon code?

Sponsored

b1er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubicon, '18 JL Sport, 1980 El Camino, 1969 Olds 442
I have the same winch... haven't used it yet but it seems like it'll be up to the task and the wireless remote works well...

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I have the 12,000 pound version of that winch. It has worked well. I am happy with it.

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
I finally properly stretched and wound my X20 today. Nice unit and the wireless remote rocks. I’m sure a Warn may be better but for half the price the X20 seems like a great machine.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Can we use relevant thread titles again? Forum quality goes down when people try to make titles that try to encourage clicking their threads. It makes searching for topics already covered difficult. Forum quality goes down when people just see repeated topics over and over again, with a different (sometimes vague) headlines, people stop visiting.
Sponsored