This never gets old.. 392 exhaust video

CJ-JLURXR

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Hate to ruin the fun but do you have the notorious squeak on startup? Thought I heard it right as the video ended. I have it and it’s incredibly annoying.

OP
OP
JeepVet74

JeepVet74

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes AMG SLC43; 2022 392 XR
Hate to ruin the fun but do you have the notorious squeak on startup? Thought I heard it right as the video ended. I have it and it’s incredibly annoying.
Yes, sometimes. It goes away quickly. I’m told it’s just the pipes warming up.

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
The other shoppers at the grocery store won’t notice either.
Actually, they do. I had just returned to my 392 in a grocery store parking lot, and after throwing in the few things I had bought, I hopped in and started it. Two elderly gentlemen, in their 70s or 80s, standing about 30 ft away turned and looked at my Jeep, then walked over quickly and started a conversation with me, the first sentence of which was "that's got a V8 in it". So I shut off my Jeep and talked to them for 30 min or so. Turns out they were both life long Jeepers, going way back to being flat fender owners. One of them had had a CJ with a 304 V8 in it. They had never seen a 392 in person before, and both thought it was about time Jeep finally put a decent engine back in the Jeep.

Sponsored

Gobirat

First Name
Gobi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 4XE
Occupation
Retired
Noise just bugs me! The guy slurping soup off his spoon at a diner, heavy breathers, a peacock screaming from the top of my roof! But the sound of that V8 is like Beethovens 5th to my ears :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

Fishermen love their off road cars (jeeps)! Never met someone who loves fishing that doesn't love conservation.

jlcalifornia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Shot this after washing my 392 the other day.
(This video may give any non-392 Jeeps small muffler syndrome 😂)

Very nice.
Sponsored