Sponsored

This may sound like a dumb question but - can I take my JLURXR through an automatic car wash???

Left Field

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 RS-SS Camaro, 2021 JLUR392
What was the hint of rubber tubing to protect the gap between body and fender flares. That gap is a huge magnet for small rocks. What material, what size are we talking? Thx.
I used Gates 7/64" vacuum line tubing from the local auto parts store. I'd figure a little over 5' per fender. Pulls tight and wedges between the fender flare and the body at each end.

Jeep Wrangler JL This may sound like a dumb question but - can I take my JLURXR through an automatic car wash??? IMG_3112.JPG
Sponsored

Zipzit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 4x4 Wannabee
I used Gates 7/64" vacuum line tubing from the local auto parts store. I'd figure a little over 5' per fender. Pulls tight and wedges between the fender flare and the body at each end.

Jeep Wrangler JL This may sound like a dumb question but - can I take my JLURXR through an automatic car wash??? IMG_3112.JPG
Many thanks. I was checking on Amazon for a large roll of the stuff. They have that tubing listed under the category 'Tools & Home Improvement › Hardware › Door Hardware & Locks › Screen Door Hardware' Ha.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Check out local car washes, found one that hand washes then sprayers only.

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
I’m just looking at this thing and wondering if it’s gonna fit (with the 35’s and all) and if I have to worry about things like my fender flares getting ripped off (irrational fear) or other bits. Tips here are greatly appreciated and TIA - honestly not trolling.

also what are folks experiences ceramic coating these?
Yes I take my JLUR with 2” lift and 35” tires through car washes all the time. Most though will set their wash system so it does not was the hood or roof because they do not want to even possibly crack the front window which Jeeps and auto washes are notorious for. Also make sure you remove your antenna prior to entering the wash bay.

It is common for antennas to get bent orbe wiped about damaging your paint.

Sponsored

Jeeppaul91

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLURXR
Occupation
Real Estate
Touch-less washes are where its at for a quick rinse if your rig isn’t too dirty. Go through the wash and get the majority of the dirt off and then take some instant detailer and wipe it down with a microfiber towel. Chemical guys makes great detailer, glass cleaner, etc, they‘re on amazon. I get my microfiber towels from costco, high quality and best bang for your buck. If its super dirty the auto touch-less wash wont do it, gotta do it by hand.

bonediggitty

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Ordered) 2022 JLU Rubicon XR
Occupation
Professional Bingo Caller
JLURXR here…

I had similar questions so I just drove over to my local (West-Valley/Phoenix) 3-Minute car wash. They do what they call a “Jeep Wrap”. It pushes the spinning towels outside of reach of the sides. They leave the top spaghetti monster (son’s technical term) turned on, because I have a hard top. All sprayers remain on and it gets it done pretty well. I’ve always sprung for the monthly membership with new rides. For about $16/month, I get unlimited washes, and can go through a couple times on every visit. They also have air hoses and vacuums, which are super handy after wheeling trips. FWIW, I have a stubby antenna, because I didn’t like having to remove it each time.

chilly_one

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara; Granite Metallic
I will run mine through when I have the hardtop on. I just keep a wrench in my center console so I can quickly remove the antenna before it gets washed. Once I switch over to the soft top, it only gets washed by hand in my driveway.

HelmsJeep

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2DR/Softop/Manual
Wash your Jeep…. what madness is this?

That’s what rain is for ;)

Reactions: DLW

Sponsored

rcc1123

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I’m just looking at this thing and wondering if it’s gonna fit (with the 35’s and all) and if I have to worry about things like my fender flares getting ripped off (irrational fear) or other bits. Tips here are greatly appreciated and TIA - honestly not trolling.

I do all the time and have had no adverse effect on my paint or finish.

drbell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler unlimited extreme recon

my understanding is that they had problems in the factory with the extreme recon going down the production line because they were too tall and they had to lower the suspension to get it through the doors and then raise it back up.

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...

You can take it through a tunnel was if you want to scratch the paint up. Ceramic coated vehicle are not meant to be taken through automatic car washes and I would strongly recommend not spending the money on a ceramic treatment if that’s the usual method used to wash your vehicles

jrchain

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, Tundra, GX 460, Outback, 1200 GSA, CRF 450L

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score