Sponsored

This may sound like a dumb question but - can I take my JLURXR through an automatic car wash???

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
The only dumb question, is the question not asked….
Just take off your antenna, and the car wash should be just fine. I use them on both of my Wranglers, which are both black, and non-issue with paint. No scratches, no swirls, or damage.
Sponsored

1Evil55

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport
My black jeep on 35's goes through the automatic wash at least every week.

Zipzit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 4x4 Wannabee
I keep a 3/8” open ended wrench in the glove box for use in removing the antenna before I go into the car wash.

What was the hint of rubber tubing to protect the gap between body and fender flares. That gap is a huge magnet for small rocks. What material, what size are we talking? Thx.

Sponsored

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
The car wash will make a stock antenna bounce off your windshield A-pillar making little nicks in the paint.
Sure as F does! Most violent thing you’ll ever see too! Haha.
But I’ve given up on automatic car washes long ago. Entirely too many stories of damage, scratching, etc. Im in a position where there’s time in life to give my vehicles the love they require

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Im in a position where there’s time in life to give my vehicles the love they require
100%.
I enjoy it, I look forward to rotating the tires! :)

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
100%.
I enjoy it, I look forward to rotating the tires! :)
Definitely! I used to hate the thought of doing anything on my own, and now with the wisdom of being older, I cannot imagine letting others do a thing to my vehicles or even my home

Deleted member 59498

I use the touchless one with just sprayers, they don't do the best job though but knocks dust and dirt off. Plus the bird poop since they prefer to drop their loads on my black top.

Sponsored

Lumis Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2020 JTR
Never found a car wash that does a very good job on my jeeps. Too many odd surfaces I guess. By hand is the only way that has worked well for me unfortunately.

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I’m just looking at this thing and wondering if it’s gonna fit (with the 35’s and all) and if I have to worry about things like my fender flares getting ripped off (irrational fear) or other bits. Tips here are greatly appreciated and TIA - honestly not trolling.

also what are folks experiences ceramic coating these?
personally I would never take mine through a automatic car wash, especially if you have a soft top not advised. Find some shade and break out the garden hose or power washer at home and enjoy!

Santana74

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wrangler Sahara Altitude 3.0l, 18 Jaguar F-Pace
I’m just looking at this thing and wondering if it’s gonna fit (with the 35’s and all) and if I have to worry about things like my fender flares getting ripped off (irrational fear) or other bits. Tips here are greatly appreciated and TIA - honestly not trolling.

also what are folks experiences ceramic coating these?
It's like I told my wife, "It'll fit".

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I'm on 37s and it fits, but hate the way the antenna gets twisted around.
That's why I put one of those stubby 15" or so ones on mine. I rarely listen to AM/FM anyway so any loss of range I don't care. I hated having that big whip antenna swirling around all the time...

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
There are some that will pull you through I’ve yet to find a decent one that actually cleaned and didn’t miss spots. I have a soft top so they’d turn the top brush off which means the hood doesn’t get cleaned.
Don't those brushes scratch the **** out of your soft-top windows? When I had a soft top on my TJ just looking at them sideways would cause another scratch to show up! :D
Sponsored