Sponsored

This may sound like a dumb question but - can I take my JLURXR through an automatic car wash???

Pistoloni

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
I was told by dealer specifically to not use car wash due to high pressure nozzles and the amount of "seals" on the Jeep. Dont know if on the surface it makes sense or is ridiculous.

Regardless I have been doing my washes by hand
Sponsored

steverj64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
I take great pride in washing it myself. Went through a drive through once and it didn't touch behind the fenders or the back of it. Washing is really pretty quick, the detail work takes a lot of time though.

If you get it really muddy, go to a DIY carwash and blast the mud off, for someone else to clean up, HAHA. If you're fast, should cost only a couple bucks. Then go home and baby her.

LEFT FIELD: Awesome idea about the tubing in the fenders. If 4Wheeler Magazine still had the readers fixes column from 25 years ago, you could earn $25 with it.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Don't those brushes scratch the **** out of your soft-top windows? When I had a soft top on my TJ just looking at them sideways would cause another scratch to show up! :D
That’s nothing compared to what I get off roading it. AZ pinstripes are all the rage. :LOL: I gave up on the whole no scratches thing a long time ago. If you’re going to use it as anything other than a mall crawler you’re going to get scratches.

I only went once and I didn’t receive any scratches from it. The brushes were soft. .Even before I got my lift and wheels I never found any that did a good job cleaning. Including the touchless.

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
You should only take your soft top equipped Jeep through a "touchless" automatic car wash. The plastic windows can get scratched. And when you get the Ceramic wax, you should only use hand wash or touchless car washes. The person who does the detailing with the ceramic should tell you to only use the brushless washes.

Sponsored

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
I have never had a issue with a car wash. But I have hard tops on mine. I would not use a car wash with a soft top. I think that it might scratch the windows.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I ordered a Foam Cannon and some Chemical Brothers soap on prime day just for S&G. Haven't tried it yet but curious to see how this works. I usually wash my Jeep at home so I'm wondering if this will be al little quicker than the bucket method.

DRockWilson

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited High Tide
I ordered a Foam Cannon and some Chemical Brothers soap on prime day just for S&G. Haven't tried it yet but curious to see how this works. I usually wash my Jeep at home so I'm wondering if this will be al little quicker than the bucket method.
So much faster than regular washing with 2 buckets side by side. I foam up the whole Jeep and then wash the whole thing just rinsing the sponge/rag/whatever a few times in the bucket. Spray off and done.

Only thing I do separate first is the tires and wheel wells with a brush and the 2 buckets before I foam the car.

rcc1123

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I keep a 3/8” open ended wrench in the glove box for use in removing the antenna before I go into the car wash.

What was the hint of rubber tubing to protect the gap between body and fender flares. That gap is a huge magnet for small rocks. What material, what size are we talking? Thx.
This is what I ordered from Amazon:
TRIM-LOK - X310-25 Trim-Lok Rubber Tubing Seal: After three years it's still working and looking good. Just measure and use a trim tool to put it in and be sure to check it occasionally as it sometimes flaps in the wind.
Sponsored