This is what holds the spare.

Conman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
It doesn't have a part number, $760 for the whole spare/camera assy.

Jeep Wrangler JL This is what holds the spare. IMG_2144.JPG

IMG_2145.JPG
Sponsored

• Haha
Reactions: STW

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
I see one of the studs is damaged, if you are handy you can grind off the tack welds and replace the stud with a normal bolt... not a biggie since you don't need to torque the spare tire a lot..

if you are not handy perhaps a shop or a friend can do it for cheap or free

BigMaCro

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 4xe Rubicon, 2004 WJ
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Carhauler
Vehicle Showcase
I've just swapped mine off for a LoD tire carrier. But I think shipping from AK to AL might be less efficient than AR to AL :)

OP
OP
Conman

Conman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Well it’s less than half that for the whole spare tire assembly here:
https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-spare-tire-bracket-assembly-68474050ac?c=Zz13aGVlbHMmcz13aGVlbC1zcGFyZSZsPTEmbj1Bc3NlbWJsaWVzIFBhZ2UmYT1qZWVwJm89d3JhbmdsZXImeT0yMDE5JnQ9dW5saW1pdGVkLXJ1Ymljb24mZT0zLTZsLXY2LWdhcw==

If you need just that part, why not post and ask? Someone is bound to have it and will probably sell it to you cheap, or maybe free. I’ll check tomorrow if you need just that part.
Thanks, I bought one on eBay for $200. Turns out there's two different versions and I got the non-rubicon one, which holds the tire about an inch lower closer to the bumper. Any way, now I have a spare camera if any one needs one.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Conman

Conman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I see one of the studs is damaged, if you are handy you can grind off the tack welds and replace the stud with a normal bolt... not a biggie since you don't need to torque the spare tire a lot..

if you are not handy perhaps a shop or a friend can do it for cheap or free
I just think that jeep should have put more thought into the design allowing the individual studs to be replaced.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I just think that jeep should have put more thought into the design allowing the individual studs to be replaced.
That wouldn't make any sense. The vast majority of them never even see a different tire, no reason to make a part like that. I just threw mine out a couple weeks ago. It was slightly bent from a small rear end accident. I'm glad it bent and not my tailgate. Now I have a CavFab carrier. Lol

OP
OP
Conman

Conman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
That wouldn't make any sense. The vast majority of them never even see a different tire, no reason to make a part like that. I just threw mine out a couple weeks ago. It was slightly bent from a small rear end accident. I'm glad it bent and not my tailgate. Now I have a CavFab carrier. Lol
I'm sure the stud got damaged when I had 315/70's put on the stock rims, I seen them wrestling with the spare pushing it back against the bump stops.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I'm sure the stud got damaged when I had 315/70's put on the stock rims, I seen them wrestling with the spare pushing it back against the bump stops.
The guy that hit me, his hood hit the spare. After the accident. I couldn't tell anything was wrong other than some small scuffs on my Fishbone rear bumper. I went to delaership anyway and that when we found that one of the lugs was slightly bent. He hit me at like 15km/h.

I can't even begin to understand how your issue happened.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Conman

Conman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
The guy that hit me, his hood hit the spare. After the accident. I couldn't tell anything was wrong other than some small scuffs on my Fishbone rear bumper. I went to delaership anyway and that when we found that one of the lugs was slightly bent. He hit me at like 15km/h.

I can't even behind to understand how your issue happened.
Impact wrench
Sponsored