This falcon 2.2 steering stabilizer isn't all that... just my .02

2k2wranglerx

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon JL

i'm not really all that impressed with either the way it's built for the $, or the way it performs. maybe if you have a lifted rig that's on the edge of acceptable castor it would matter... but on a smaller rig... not worth the $.

just my .02
Sponsored

Alanscott1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
I share similar sentiments, had a Fox ATS on my old JK which did make a noticeable difference. However, it was also lifted 3.5”, had a drag link flip kit, and occasionally had some bump steer issues.

It could be a lack of caster in my 2dr Rubicon but I have to run the 2.2 Falcon at its softest setting for the wheels to return to center after a turn. On medium and firm the lack of wheel centering makes for a weird/tiring driving experience. In my use case the Falcon wasn’t worth the money.

Winx

First Name
Landen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
epic-4wd.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
A steering stabilizer is not going to completely eliminate steering wheel shake over expansion joints or potholes in the road and it certainly isn't the fix for death wobble. The Falcon Nexus 2.2 absolutely shines when you're on the highway in the medium or firm setting in a lifted JL with larger tires. While steering wheel self-centering suffers in these stiffer settings, you will notice that your Jeep actually drives completely straight - a very strange phenomenon.

Give it a chance on the highway and I'm sure you'll think differently.

IMG_0068.jpeg

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

i'm not really all that impressed with either the way it's built for the $, or the way it performs. maybe if you have a lifted rig that's on the edge of acceptable castor it would matter... but on a smaller rig... not worth the $.

just my .02
Saw your video as posted on Facebook, though not all of it. However what I noticed specifically is the speed of your vehicle, which seemed to hover around 40 mph. I suspect you won't feel much of the stabilizer @ 40mph, however where I notice it is on the highway, when my 35" tires getting pulled into ruts, and what not. Additionally, here in AZ, we have lots of crosswinds at times and on the highway, they blow the jeep around like it's a reed in the wind. However with mine set on medium, the jeep new feels planted on the highway, AND it's very much less susceptible to being tossed around in the wind. But hey, to each his/her own. I personally felt it was worth my cash.
Sponsored