This deal looks fair: 11% off a factory order MOAB

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
WOW, the only difference between your proposed rig (besides being a MOAB) and my standard Sahara same options except I did not get leather however, I have Alpine Premium 8.4 and have the added LSD, yet my out the door price (before T&L) was $39,400.
Are you taking into consideration any down payment, and/or equity from a trade on your out the door price? The price posted is the order price, and does not account for any payment/credit. The sticker on my Sahara was a bit over 49K and I walked out the door much closer to 30K. I got a similar deal to that posted by the OP and had equity in my trade, so out the door on mine looks like I got a huge discount. In reality my discount was similar to the OP's, so that may be the going rate for orders, whereas off the lot purchase may be getting slightly better. IDK, just brain storming here.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Taurian

Taurian

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide
This is a good deal, take it. Most of the people who are claiming to get more than 5% are likely buying Jeeps off the lot. The dealers are offering more to make a sale on something they have in stock. That's a factory order, built the way you want it, at a price compatible to those people are getting when they take what they can find in available stock. Place the order and don't second guess it. It's a fair deal. Is it the absolute best possible deal that can be had anywhere in the country by anyone? Maybe, maybe not, but it's not unreasonable.
I placed the order. Honestly, I really don't care about $1K in any direction when leasing. And after owning a mortgage company for 12 years, I know what's it's like to earn on a commission basis. Relationships matter. I want the salesman to feel good about the deal as well, and I know 100% that when delivery occurs, good karma comes back. As for the 2019 vs 2020...not a factor for me. If a new color hits for 2020 that I 1000% have to have, my dealer said he has zero problem taking this MOAB and selling it. So, it's a win-win for me, and him.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Are you taking into consideration any down payment, and/or equity from a trade on your out the door price? The price posted is the order price, and does not account for any payment/credit. The sticker on my Sahara was a bit over 49K and I walked out the door much closer to 30K. I got a similar deal to that posted by the OP and had equity in my trade, so out the door on mine looks like I got a huge discount. In reality my discount was similar to the OP's, so that may be the going rate for orders, whereas off the lot purchase may be getting slightly better. IDK, just brain storming here.

That has no trade or down payment considered, that was the publically advertised price, there was no negotiation for obvious reasons. To be real it was their LOSS LEADER meaning t it was advertised to draw people in at a crazy low price whereas they offset the loss with advertising $$$. However this particular dealer has 1-4 of these priced like that at any given time depending on inventory. While the price was great the after the sales service was/is horrible... I was willing to travel 4-5 sates in the West Coast, I used CarGurus.com to find the best publically priced Sahara and it happened to be a nearby dealer optioned as I wanted it

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
Understood. Ordering is the way to go anyway. For me, I'm just worried that an April order for a '19 MY order will only arrive a month before a June order for a '20 MY. I'll wait. Good luck on whatever you decide. I'll be ordering a '20 in June from Criswell in MD, 8% under invoice, 1 MY newer, and maybe a 3.6 BSG option.
I wonder if Mojito will still be around for 2020 ? Thatā€™s the one and only demand from the wife. So ordered a 2019..... still waiting. But would love a 2020 instead. No hurry and dealer doesnā€™t seem to care if I order another. But know way to know if Mojito will be available! Ugh

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I placed the order. Honestly, I really don't care about $1K in any direction when leasing. And after owning a mortgage company for 12 years, I know what's it's like to earn on a commission basis. Relationships matter. I want the salesman to feel good about the deal as well, and I know 100% that when delivery occurs, good karma comes back. As for the 2019 vs 2020...not a factor for me. If a new color hits for 2020 that I 1000% have to have, my dealer said he has zero problem taking this MOAB and selling it. So, it's a win-win for me, and him.
I have to agree that relationships matter. I've got a great relationship with my local dealership. They regularly give me fair pricing and, they've continually given me blue book price or better for my trades. Some times you have to give a little to get a little. If you're good to the people you deal with, they'll be good to you. As long as the buyer understands the dealership is a business and they have to make money to stay in business it makes it easier. The key is to minimize how much money they make off you, but don't expect them to take a loss, because they won't. They may pitch it like they did, but they won't.
Anyway, the point being. If you're a total nightmare to deal with, they don't want your business again anyway. If you establish a good relationship you'll get good deals for years, rather than one good deal once.

That has no trade or down payment considered, that was the publically advertised price, there was no negotiation for obvious reasons. To be real it was their LOSS LEADER meaning t it was advertised to draw people in at a crazy low price whereas they offset the loss with advertising $$$. However this particular dealer has 1-4 of these priced like that at any given time depending on inventory. While the price was great the after the sales service was/is horrible... I was willing to travel 4-5 sates in the West Coast, I used CarGurus.com to find the best publically priced Sahara and it happened to be a nearby dealer optioned as I wanted it
Sounds like you got a great deal then. Well, except for any follow up service/visits, but you can always have that done at a different dealership.

Sponsored

jayvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
WOW, the only difference between your proposed rig (besides being a MOAB) and my standard Sahara same options except I did not get leather however, I have Alpine Premium 8.4 and have the added LSD, yet my out the door price (before T&L) was $39,400.
There are a lot of options included in the Moab package that you don't have on your standard Sahara. Apples to oranges.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
There are a lot of options included in the Moab package that you don't have on your standard Sahara. Apples to oranges.

Not $9K difference. The only difference is:

• Rubi hood (which I bough t for $750)
  • Select Trac, (optional on std Sahara) $595
  • LSD (I have the LSD) $595
  • Front Steel bumper I installed an Aluminum bumper much lighter as this is a TOAD $500
  • Rock Rails (std Sahara has Steps this is a wash)
  • Leather is STD $1200 (also available on Sahara or Katzkins $1200, however I prefer the Sahara upgraded cloth especially naked)
  • Body colored Hardtop (also a Sahara option) $1000
  • Alpine 8,4 (most std Sahara,s are ordered with that anyway like mine)
  • 32" M/T tires (who keeps their stock 32" tires this is a wast e of an upgrade)
  • LED Lighting ($995)

Starting price Sahara $38,395

Starting price MOAB $51,300

A standards Sahara with all the options of the MOAB except Rockrails and M/T tires is $49,600, however considering that many MOAB owners will replace the Rails, Tires and wheels, you are forced to have the Painted Hardtop and since you can basically option out a std Sahara nearly identical to the MOAB for less makes more sense for the STD Sahara, however if you want the MOAB sticker then pay the $$$ for the MOAB.

The Sticker and the M/T tires are the only MOAB features that you cannot order on the std Sahara and maybe some small cosmetic things

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Not $9K difference.

Base for a Moab: $52795
Price for a Sahara with all comparable options: $53395

Whether you would opt for the add-ons is irrelevant. A comparably equipped Sahara is not $9k less, it is $600 more. Then add on the Rubi hood and the steel (or comparable) front bumper.
The Moab is a very good value IF you were to go for all, or most, of those options anyway, and/or IF you wanted to set your build apart form the Sahara crowd, and/or IF you place extra value on the Moab specific items, like the black wheels, the blacked-out grill and badging the M/Ts, the McKinley interior or, yes, even the sticker.
For those who don't care about the Moab-only items and wish to a la carte their Saharas, that option still exists. But the value for the Maob is there.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Base for a Moab: $52795
Price for a Sahara with all comparable options: $53395

Whether you would opt for the add-ons is irrelevant. A comparably equipped Sahara is not $9k less, it is $600 more. Then add on the Rubi hood and the steel (or comparable) front bumper.
The Moab is a very good value IF you were to go for all, or most, of those options anyway, and/or IF you wanted to set your build apart form the Sahara crowd, and/or IF you place extra value on the Moab specific items, like the black wheels, the blacked-out grill and badging the M/Ts, the McKinley interior or, yes, even the sticker.
For those who don't care about the Moab-only items and wish to a la carte their Saharas, that option still exists. But the value for the Maob is there.
Look, My point is the Moab is nothing but a loaded std Sahara there is nothing special about it. I doubt there are too many folks given the choice would order all those options especially since many would remove some of them.

Had you read my post when I compare the options I have on my Sahara there was a $9K difference the only option difference was Select Trac, Painted Top, leather, I have running Board MOAB has Slider (that is a wash), Steel Bumper, Rubi Hood, LED lighting, that is not worth the 9K difference between what I paid and what the OP was going to pay for the MOAB after all discounts...

No one was comparing Dealer (MSRP) retail, that was a dealer discount comparison. My point was had I had the MOAB options (and extra $4K on my rig) I still would have been $5K below the dealer offer he had compared to the overall discount I received...

With that said though I received 14.5 % below MSRP.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Hey, Gregory. I, too, am on LI, and 5% is the best you'll do in these parts. I got that from Suresky in Goshen (about 2 hours away), Fitzpatrick in Ansonia, CT (also 2ish hours) and Merrick Jeep in Wantagh. If trade-in is a priority, then see what you can do locally, if not, there's about $1500 more on the bone on that offer, but only if you're willing to drive it back from Maryland (actually closer to $1300, once the higher doc fees are factored in). I'm looking at your same build, only in Firecracker (and I'll get the dual tops because summer).

My reasoning is, I would gladly drive 10 hours round trip to save at least $1000, as that's like getting paid $100+ an hour to just drive. Plus, I like the idea of sticking it to these local scam artists.
So, in summary, the deal in hand is really good for the NY Metro area, and if trade-in is a factor, maybe the best deal you'll get.

As an aside, one of the dealers I'm working with advised me that if I'm looking to order now, that I should just wait for the 2020s, as banks will probably be open sometime in June for July delivery, and orders right now will experience a significant delay due to the line being shut down for the next month or so to retool for the Hybrid drive train.
EDIT: just read the memo that tells the union membership that the retooling won't begin until 5/13, and the JL line will restart 6/3, but I'm not sure how many factory orders they can get done before the shut down.
Staffordshire had a firecracker Moab with dual top group and was way down in the 45ā€™s as a first offer a week ago. I ended up going a different direction but it was shocking to me how low the first offer was. I was told Moabā€™s not selling well in MD and even some deals approaching 10% off invoice weā€™re getting done to just get them off the lot.

They also had silver one same load for a similar price.

Good luck.....

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 3.48.32 PM.png
This is the quote (NY Metro area) - spoke to a few dealers, this one seems to want the deal...thoughts?
Thatā€™s not a great deal. Just got a very loaded JLUR for significantly less than that, 2019, for around 9% under invoice.

You got to come south to MD and away from the NY and NJ stealerships,

KCC_703

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray MOAB
Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 3.48.32 PM.png
This is the quote (NY Metro area) - spoke to a few dealers, this one seems to want the deal...thoughts?
Seems like a good deal. We picked up a Sting-gray MOAB (our first Jeep) off a lot in MD for about the same price. In addition to what you list, the vehicle had the TRMS and AUX packages. Also got the cargo mat, but I think that's included with TRMS. Only the AUX package was on our "want" list. Buying from MD saved an extra $300 in fees (vs VA dealerships). Didn't read the fine print and couldn't get out of the delivery fees.

Not many trails or off-road parks around here, at least none which wouldn't cost $100+ in fuel to reach. So the MOAB had the right features for snow and sand. It was the "easy button" for the creature comforts that make up a nice daily ride... LEDs, BSM, park-assist, proximity, CarPlay/AA. Happy with the blacked out badges / wheels, leather and color-matched HT / fenders. Would've liked the Rubi fenders and the bigger tires but those were the only real sacrifice (the latter will get fixed in the future). The MOAB trim seems to move pretty well in the DC Metro area... maybe not in Baltimore. The three months I was in the market, they were typically sold in 3-weeks. Guess the folks around here like aggressive-looking, capable mall-crawlers. I needed a capable vehicle to get my wife and 3YO daughter out of any difficulties in the winter.

Have fun with your purchase!

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Look, My point is the Moab is nothing but a loaded std Sahara......
That's exactly what it is. It's a loaded Sahara, with a few extras added on.
Price wise it won't compare to the standard Sahara, because the Moab has a lot of stuff the other doesn't have.
  • Rubi hood (which I bough t for $750)
  • Select Trac, (optional on std Sahara) $595
  • LSD (I have the LSD) $595
  • Front Steel bumper I installed an Aluminum bumper much lighter as this is a TOAD $500
  • Rock Rails (std Sahara has Steps this is a wash)
  • Leather is STD $1200 (also available on Sahara or Katzkins $1200, however I prefer the Sahara upgraded cloth especially naked)
  • Body colored Hardtop (also a Sahara option) $1000
  • Alpine 8,4 (most std Sahara,s are ordered with that anyway like mine)
  • 32" M/T tires (who keeps their stock 32" tires this is a wast e of an upgrade)
  • LED Lighting ($995)

You left out several options the Moab has that are optional and add to the cost of the standard Sahara:
  • Automatic 8 spd Transmission $2000
  • Proximity locks $495
  • Remote Start $495
  • Hardtop Headliner $525
  • Park Sense & cross path detection (Active Safety group) $995

And although you listed it, you left out the price
  • 8.4 with Nav,, with Alpine and Sirius (Infotainment group) $1,595

So, yes you can add most of the Moab features as a factory option to the Sahara, or via aftermarket, but no one said you couldn't. However, if you add in the cost of the items you left out, the standard Sahara with the same equipment as a standard Moab is $50,363. That doesn't take into account the wheels and tires which will cost probably $1000 or more to add to a Sahara. As for keeping the stock tires, it may be a waste of an upgrade in your opinion, but not everyone will change their wheels/tires on a Moab. If my Sahara had come with those KM2's I wouldn't have changed them, so it's not a wasted upgrade to everyone. Likewise, just because "most" Saharas are purchased with the Infotainment group, doesn't mean you can exclude the cost of it.
One last difference between the two I'm unsure of, but I believe the Moab has the same suspension as the Rubicon. Not the same axles, and gears, but the same shocks and springs. Even if you buy take-off's instead of factory new, you're looking at an average of about $250. That assumes you do the work yourself too which bumps the price of the equally equipped Sahara to $50,613. Again that's without addressing the price of the wheels/tires since obviously the vehicle comes with some, so who know what the price difference is between them.
That is still cheaper that the msrp of a Moab, but that's also using take-off suspension, your cheaper prices for the aftermarket bumper, a cheaper than stock priced hood, and the difference is less than $700. Remember you've still got to buy new tires for that Standard Sahara to be equally equipped as the Moab, plus you wouldn't have the interior trim or black body accents.

All that said. Yes you can build a Sahara to have equivalent features as the Moab. It's not supposed to be extra capable or anything like that. It's basically a loaded Sahara with some added ruggedness from the factory. Price wise it isn't really a "deal" but it's not over priced either. It's just a way of loading a Sahara and getting a few extra goodies for buying it all at once.

JPSTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab Sting Grey, 2012 Sahara JKU (sold)
Just got a great lead on a 7% under invoice group buy for '20MY within 2 hours of LI. PM me if you're interested. That's more than an extra $1000 off of a Moab.
But what if they donā€™t offer the Moab in ā€˜20?

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
But what if they donā€™t offer the Moab in ā€˜20?
This is a fair question, to which I have no answer. For me, I'm waiting for the '20s, and if there is no Moab, I'll just have to suck it up and settle for a Rubi...
Sponsored