Sponsored

This cracks me up, because it's got an angry grille, duh!

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Considering I paid less then 40 all in for my new two door Rubi. I don't think he will be making much profit on a wrecked sport; more so when he doesn't know the options.

EDIT: I wonder if the warranty is any good.

Last edited:

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Yep, he is kind of ignorant about Wranglers. He will probably make a couple of thousand, when it is all said and done.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I just watched that video before even seeing this thread. Guy is pretty ignorant when it comes to that JL.

Rpk99

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65th Anniversary Wrangler
For someone who starts off a video saying he loves wranglers and always buys them, he's pretty clueless.

Sponsored

JandS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe | Exige S | R wagon | V Wagon | MB S65
These Youtubers are nuts, most of the time. You wonder how they make money? In most cases, they really don't - they came from money and are just pretending to have a business model. At the end of the day, they just want to be youtube/insta famous.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I'm confused. It cost a dealership less to replace the stock Sport hood, base grille, non-painted fenders, and the plastic bumpers with a Rubi hood, a painted angry grille, painted fenders, and aftermarket bumpers? Don't they get those parts at cost? I know they probably modded it before the fact, but why not just put the original stuff back on for less?

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I'm confused. It cost a dealership less to replace the stock Sport hood, non-painted fenders, and the plastic bumpers with a Rubi hood, painted fenders, and aftermarket bumpers? Don't they get those parts at cost?
The fenders are just stock black plastic painted fenders painted over, not OEM painted fenders. He even pointed out some flaws in the paint, so obviously not the best. Bit confused about the hood also, assume it’s off another wrecked model for cheap. As for the crappy grill and cheap looking bumpers. It may have been similar priced to their OEM cost without the possible back order. Also the original dealer may have hoped potential buyers will overlook a storied vehicle by selling it as custom.

But I would be seriously concerned if this vehicle would have a factory warranty. I know someone who bought a Corvette that was a previous model year with less then 1,000 miles from a certain vending machine. Come to find out the factory warranty was not valid for whatever reason (thankfully he was able to return it).

EDIT:
I recall earlier in the comments on the video, someone posted about the original dealer posted pictures of the accident in Reddit if someone wanted to look more into it.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
I wonder if the warranty is any good.
If the vehicle has a salvage title, there is no warranty. It could have a branded title (depending on the state) which will impact the value of the vehicle. Also, all of the other issues mentioned in the video are a result of the accident and are not covered by warranty. Seeing the steering wheel upside down is very concerning. What happened to the frame? I would not buy this Jeep. Plus it looks stupid.

Sponsored

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer

JARHEAD-JL

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
That Jeep is a Lemon for sure. Can't believe he is selling it without fixing all the problems that it currently has. Ridiculous

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Unless he has fixed the issues the Jeep has, for him to be selling it without mentioning issues and accident history in the description is sleazy.
Sponsored