This a decent deal?

Robbyreneeward

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Megacab
Found this 90 minutes from home. I’d have to do nothing to it really. What say y’all?
MSRP was 48k plus all the added upgrades.
64.8k out the door

Jeep Wrangler JL This a decent deal? B80D746A-1DEB-4193-B314-9A77E0981BC5

Jeep Wrangler JL This a decent deal? B5384411-F10F-4527-9E30-85334868D0BF
Sponsored

Cleoncini

First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
If that’s exactly what you’re wanting, and that’s your dream jeep then jump for it.
Now for my two cents. It’s not a Rubicon, so you don’t get the D44 up front and you don’t get lockers. Also, did the company that did the lift re-gear it? Did they re-calibrate the computer for 37s? Did they upgrade steering? ~$16k markup for an “ok” lift, wheels, tires, fenders, a bumper/winch and side steps is a lot. They’re definitely trying to make money on the fact that the Jeep is “done”. You could find a Jeep and do all that for less yourself.

However, as I said above, if this is your dream Jeep, none of my two cents matter.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Found this 90 minutes from home. I’d have to do nothing to it really. What say y’all?
MSRP was 48k plus all the added upgrades.
64.8k out the door

Seems a little steep for the add ons IMO.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
For that price: sport axles with 37s and probably no regear, I would pass. That thing will be a dog to drive and you're risking that front axle if you wheel it. I'd get a stock Rubicon for much less than that and do the lift and tires of your choice. You'll also be able to get stuff like leather and LED headlights and still come under.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
For that price: sport axles with 37s and probably no regear, I would pass. That thing will be a dog to drive and you're risking that front axle if you wheel it. I'd get a stock Rubicon for much less than that and do the lift and tires of your choice.
3L diesel, right?

Sponsored

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
3L diesel, right?
Ah yeah missed that, diesel won't be nearly as much of a dog. I'd still want to pick and do the mods myself, and $65k for the halogen headlights, base stereo and cloth interior doesn't do it for me value-wise.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Gonna see if I can Jew them down any
My guess is $43k at most for base and they are asking $20k for maybe $10k in upgrades. Shoot for that I can save you $15k and sell you mine :LOL:

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Ah yeah missed that, diesel won't be nearly as much of a dog. I'd still want to pick and do the mods myself, and $65k for the halogen headlights, base stereo and cloth interior doesn't do it for me value-wise.
I would to. Order a 2021. Buy all the mods on Black Friday.

EcoDRubi1

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl eco diesel. 2020 gladiator
Way over priced. I have a rubicon w similar mods pls sky roof , matching top fuel wheels leather etc and I’m at 63800 all in. Yes diesel.....
A914779F-78E6-4DDB-A099-793E63750491.jpeg

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Pretty sure I saw that exact one in my neck of the woods on the opposite side of traffic yesterday. The angled fenders were the giveaway. I would pass for all of the reasons stated above.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
@Robbyreneeward

i agree with what most of us that posted. here's few things to remember. dealers will charge a insane price on aftermarkets stuff, jut to entice a buyer that have no clue on anything other than it looks cool and i want it. no pun intended. i get what you are saying that everything is done and you like it. what you have to do is do some research on what mods you like and want. then either you can do it yourself, have a wrenh party, or have your mechanic or a shop do the work. see what the hourly charge is to do the work. you will be surprise the cost different. for example i looked at a jl unlimited sport that was lifted 2" at a cost of $3k. 35 mud tires and 20x?? rims at $7k and front bumper (no winch) $2500. a 54" led light bar and 4 3" led cube light at $3k. that total $15.5 and labor to that $7k for a grand total $22.5. add that to the msrp $50k. so the asking price is $72.5 for a wrangler. i can do the same thing for $5k that will include a winch and pay my mechanic to install everything. the other thing is that the dealership tends to not haggle on the price because they claim it as custom or one of a kind. the other thing you need t be careful of is the warranty. some dealers will void it. same goes if you do the work yourself. sp its a gamble.

imho and 2 cents would be to avoid buying a built 4x4s from the dealer. i would buy a stock wrangler to your liking, haggle on the price. then budget yourself the mods you want and build it from there. its a hellova lot cheaper. your know what you are buying as for quality stuff and you know what you have done to it. i've seen a bunch of modded dealership shits on the lots with 75 - 100k price tag on it and most of the shit they put on are nothing i like and usually serves not purpose.

OP
OP
Robbyreneeward

Robbyreneeward

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Megacab
@Robbyreneeward

i agree with what most of us that posted. here's few things to remember. dealers will charge a insane price on aftermarkets stuff, jut to entice a buyer that have no clue on anything other than it looks cool and i want it. no pun intended. i get what you are saying that everything is done and you like it. what you have to do is do some research on what mods you like and want. then either you can do it yourself, have a wrenh party, or have your mechanic or a shop do the work. see what the hourly charge is to do the work. you will be surprise the cost different. for example i looked at a jl unlimited sport that was lifted 2" at a cost of $3k. 35 mud tires and 20x?? rims at $7k and front bumper (no winch) $2500. a 54" led light bar and 4 3" led cube light at $3k. that total $15.5 and labor to that $7k for a grand total $22.5. add that to the msrp $50k. so the asking price is $72.5 for a wrangler. i can do the same thing for $5k that will include a winch and pay my mechanic to install everything. the other thing is that the dealership tends to not haggle on the price because they claim it as custom or one of a kind. the other thing you need t be careful of is the warranty. some dealers will void it. same goes if you do the work yourself. sp its a gamble.

imho and 2 cents would be to avoid buying a built 4x4s from the dealer. i would buy a stock wrangler to your liking, haggle on the price. then budget yourself the mods you want and build it from there. its a hellova lot cheaper. your know what you are buying as for quality stuff and you know what you have done to it. i've seen a bunch of modded dealership shits on the lots with 75 - 100k price tag on it and most of the shit they put on are nothing i like and usually serves not purpose.
i really think this is the route I’m gonna go. I a sport ecodiesel elsewhere in the real color i want (granite, black is number 2), for 45k, 2500 off MSRP. Best deal I could find locally.
Sponsored