hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
i really think this is the route I’m gonna go. I a sport ecodiesel elsewhere in the real color i want (granite, black is number 2), for 45k, 2500 off MSRP. Best deal I could find locally.
Not a bad choice. I responded on that thread. I know this is not popular on here but I will say it again. If you are going for looks and not offroad capabilities then just add a spacer lift with shock extenders. Try to keep your aftermarket wheels at 17” not 20s and you will also save $$ on tires. If you want to go 37s then pickup a set of takeoff Rubicon flares (easy swap). You have a plenty of room for 37s then. However, Don’t expect to hit 8th gear much on 37s even with the diesel 3.73 gearing. If you stick with 35s for a daily driver you will most likely be happier. Spacer lift installed will prob run you about $500, Nice wheels and tires (35s) $3000, spare relocation $100, Tazer $300. For about $4K you will probably be pretty happy with results. From there you will continue to spend - JEEP - just empty every pocket :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Robbyreneeward

Robbyreneeward

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Megacab
Not a bad choice. I responded on that thread. I know this is not popular on here but I will say it again. If you are going for looks and not offroad capabilities then just add a spacer lift with shock extenders. Try to keep your aftermarket wheels at 17” not 20s and you will also save $$ on tires. If you want to go 37s then pickup a set of takeoff Rubicon flares (easy swap). You have a plenty of room for 37s then. However, Don’t expect to hit 8th gear much on 37s even with the diesel 3.73 gearing. If you stick with 35s for a daily driver you will most likely be happier. Spacer lift installed will prob run you about $500, Nice wheels and tires (35s) $3000, spare relocation $100, Tazer $300. For about $4K you will probably be pretty happy with results. From there you will continue to spend - JEEP - just empty every pocket :)
spare relocation, tazer, what are those? Forgive my ignorance.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
spare relocation, tazer, what are those? Forgive my ignorance.
Going to 35s needs some type relocation bracket/solution for your spare tire. The Tazer I referenced is a programmer for tire size and many other things. There are cheaper solutions out but I personally like the Tazer.

OP
OP
Robbyreneeward

Robbyreneeward

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Going to 35s needs some type relocation bracket/solution for your spare tire. The Tazer I referenced is a programmer for tire size and many other things. There are cheaper solutions out but I personally like the Tazer.
Gotcha. Thanks. I really appreciate the help.

Sponsored

imjester77

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Eco Diesel; 2014 JKU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Because of the Model, You will have a very hard time getting financed for that truck. the Diesel offers some upgraded items, like axles and shocks/springs. But, that is One Heck of a markup on a sport. I hate that dealers do that! Your best bet is to Order it from the factory and wait. then you can add all that stuff either by yourself, or have the dealer add them once it gets delivered. Order from the Mopar shop at the parts counter. Even if you ordered a Sahara with leather and nav, and added all that stuff, you would be at Maybe break even with that price for a better built rig. or Buy a Rubicon and fix it up slowly! either way, that one is too much!

OP
OP
Robbyreneeward

Robbyreneeward

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Because of the Model, You will have a very hard time getting financed for that truck. the Diesel offers some upgraded items, like axles and shocks/springs. But, that is One Heck of a markup on a sport. I hate that dealers do that! Your best bet is to Order it from the factory and wait. then you can add all that stuff either by yourself, or have the dealer add them once it gets delivered. Order from the Mopar shop at the parts counter. Even if you ordered a Sahara with leather and nav, and added all that stuff, you would be at Maybe break even with that price for a better built rig. or Buy a Rubicon and fix it up slowly! either way, that one is too much!
The original post was a Sahara model they had done work to. I told them no. Found a deal on a sport ecodiesel with some of the extras I wanted for 7% under msrp which was by far the best deal I found locally, and it was the color I wanted, so I bit the bullet. It’s being delivered to my house as we speak and they’re bringing the paperwork an hour away to my work so I can sign off. Pleased with the deal so far, but I’ve bought 2 other dodge trucks from this dealer before all with good experiences.

imjester77

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Eco Diesel; 2014 JKU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
The original post was a Sahara model they had done work to. I told them no. Found a deal on a sport ecodiesel with some of the extras I wanted for 7% under msrp which was by far the best deal I found locally, and it was the color I wanted, so I bit the bullet. It’s being delivered to my house as we speak and they’re bringing the paperwork an hour away to my work so I can sign off. Pleased with the deal so far, but I’ve bought 2 other dodge trucks from this dealer before all with good experiences.

If your happy with the deal, then I am happy for you! I would never try to dissuade someone on purpose or make them feel terrible about the purchase. 7% under is pretty decent. you know everyone is going to need pics when it arrives!

OP
OP
Robbyreneeward

Robbyreneeward

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If your happy with the deal, then I am happy for you! I would never try to dissuade someone on purpose or make them feel terrible about the purchase. 7% under is pretty decent. you know everyone is going to need pics when it arrives!
ill send them later tonight

OP
OP
Robbyreneeward

Robbyreneeward

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ll take more tomorrow. I just got home to play with it lol