Sponsored

Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies...

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Bought the Jeep 1/31/18 and here we are on 7/20/20 just rolled over 60k miles on the odometer as we are traveling back to the swamp called Raleigh NC from Moab and Sand Hollow.
One year ago we came to wheel Moab with a 2.5" spacer lift, 33s and stock Sahara axles. We also made the decision we would sell our flower shop (the Mrs. is a Florist), ask my employer if I could work remotely and move out this way during that trip. With a second short trip back in January (no wheeling involved) under our belts we were itching for this trip to play on the rocks with a 3.5" Teraflex lift, 3.1 Falcon shocks, D44s w/ lockers and 37s. We moved up to the big boy's/girl's club and wow what a difference!!! Wheeling the Jeep now is freaking amazing and I am happy to say we are moving out here permanently the last week of October. Most likely to Sand Hollow but, Lord willing, Moab if at all possible.
I just wanted to start a thread to dump my pics and videos just like I did with our first trip out West. Pics and vids never do it justice and there is something magical about Moab IMO. We ran Metal Masher this time and it quickly became a favorite. The scenery is unreal and the trail itself provides plenty of fun obstacles. We were finally able to run Hell's Gate as well.
Met some great Jeeples from upper Utah while we were in Sand Hollow and then met up with more great Jeeples from this forum in Moab... @wibornz @Bilbo Dragonfly @flipper.
I can't encourage people enough to just go out there... you will not regret it.

Here are some pics and videos will follow when I can get them loaded to youtube.
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4499
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4510
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4517
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4518
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4523
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4526
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4527
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4537
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4547
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4548
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4551
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4557
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4560
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4561
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4563
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4564
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4446
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4447
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4452
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4458
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4466
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4470
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4489
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4490
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4491
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4389
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4390
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4392
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4393
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4405
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4312
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4288
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4319
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4322
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4323
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4330
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4338
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4339
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4341
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4343
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4348
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4350
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4351
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4352
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4353
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4355
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4358
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4359
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4362
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4194
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... 62FF2BFC-2667-40D5-AAEE-C15C12C32C3A.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4196
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4254.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4257
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4260
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4262
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... 200706_0000
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4654
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4704
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4719.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4728
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4752
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4756
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4761
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4767
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4770
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4772
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4777
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4786
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4794
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4796
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... DF2002A6-B90B-4FBA-9905-1565A0B312DA.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4822.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... IMG_4835.JPG
Sponsored

mintswitch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Great pics. Still haven't been to Moab yet! Had a trip planned this year, but COVID postponed it. Hopefully we can get out there next year.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Great pics and story. Excited for your move. It’s a special place for sure. My wife and I decided we wanted to retire in Durango CO and it’s only 2.5 hrs or so from Moab!

keep the pics coming!

brett

Sponsored

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Phenomenal. Can’t wait to be out there next week. What trail is pictured with the watering hole? How was the heat?

Jason Oliver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport; 2014 Grand Cherokee Ltd
Great pics and story. Excited for your move. It’s a special place for sure. My wife and I decided we wanted to retire in Durango CO and it’s only 2.5 hrs or so from Moab!

keep the pics coming!

brett
Durango is the perfect place from which to explore all things southwest. We lived there for a couple of years and loved it. Only reason we left was due to job loss and cost of living (minor technicalities, lol). We didn't wheel much back then, but LOVED the scenery even from main and back roads.

"We could spend the rest of our lives exploring within a day's drive of here and not see everything" was our common statement of awe.

Apologies to the OP - didn't mean to hijack the thread. Awesome pics and congrats on your move! You will love it out there!

Oldfart

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler MOAB
Build Thread
Link
Mike, thank you for sharing! Great pictures! My wife and I would love to buy you and your wife lunch or dinner at your choice of restaurants in Apex to hear your first hand story. I’m in the process of getting my Jeep built and this is my bucket list trip.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Great pics!! I'm plotting and scheming my 3rd trip out there. I went to EJS in 2015, then took the JL in October of 18. In October, the weather was perfect and it was not crowded at all, so everything was cheaper. We took the Rimrocker into Moab from Montrose, CO, which was a blast, too!

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Phenomenal. Can’t wait to be out there next week. What trail is pictured with the watering hole? How was the heat?
The waterfall is in Toquerville UT over by Sand Hollow which is 5 hours from Moab. If for some reason you get over that way make sure to go in the AM, before lunch and DON'T go on the weekend. I can give more details in a PM if you are heading that way.
It averaged 102 in St. George and around 98 in Moab. It's freaking hot but with 5% humidity it really is not bad. For instance, I'm sitting in Jackson TN right now and it feels like a freaking swamp at 89 degrees and gobs of humidity... 102 felt better.
Keep PLENTY of water on hand and drink it. Cooling towels or a damp rag help keep you comfy, I'd take the scorching heat over the humidity any day. The whole reason we are moving is for my wife's health, the humidity cripples her.

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Following you on the Insta. Great shots you took!
I'm assuming you are following my wife... wildflower_jeeper? I don't do social media, heck I don't even own a smart phone :)
Sponsored