Sponsored

Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies...

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Yeah...I ran Steel Bender over Labor Day with the RR4W....on the descent just after the cattle guard some guy confused the go pedal and the stop pedal (although he never admitted to that exactly, it was THE ONLY explanation)....so he hauls ass down this headwall where you should be first gear lo on the brakes....but it doesn't stop there....the trail hangs a hard left but he jumps this little cliff....at least 15' in the air.... somehow miraculously he's ok and has only blown Pat sidewall to show for it. He put on his spare and finished the day.

Having witnessed it I was certain he'd be concussed, possibly open head wound or a broken arm from bracing himself or something, but no. God watches over children and fools but I'm glad he was ok...

Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... 30625

edit: I should say the similarities to the American Jeeper incident were uncanny: inexplicable "unintended acceleration" on an obstacle ending only from a drop/ravine/whatever... except this ended with less vehicle damage than the AJ thing.

And yeah, one guy's leg was just grazed by a sidewall and I had to run to not get hit
Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah...I ran Steel Bender over Labor Day with the RR4W....on the descent just after the cattle guard some guy confused the go pedal and the stop pedal (although he never admitted to that exactly, it was THE ONLY explanation)....so he hauls ass down this headwall where you should be first gear lo on the brakes....but it doesn't stop there....the trail hangs a hard left but he jumps this little cliff....at least 15' in the air.... somehow miraculously he's ok and has only blown Pat sidewall to show for it. He put on his spare and finished the day.

Having witnessed it I was certain he'd be concussed, possibly open head wound or a broken arm from bracing himself or something, but no. God watches over children and fools but I'm glad he was ok...

Jeep Wrangler JL Third trip to Moab, the disease has fully taken control of our bodies... 30625

edit: I should say the similarities to the American Jeeper incident were uncanny: inexplicable "unintended acceleration" on an obstacle ending only from a drop/ravine/whatever... except this ended with less vehicle damage than the AJ thing.

And yeah, one guy's leg was just grazed by a sidewall and I had to run to not get hit
WOW! That must have been crazy to see

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I enjoyed Steel Bender. And know that we will hit you up when in the area for sure. We enjoyed wheeling with you two.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
You might not know... but any recommendations for camping/rv spots in moab? Looking to possibly make our first trip next month and pulling a 16' travel trailer. Thanks!

The pics are awesome!!! We were planning a return trip to Ouray, but now I'm tempted to try Moab this year.

Have you guys done any non-jeep stuff? Any recommendations? Thanks

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
You might not know... but any recommendations for camping/rv spots in moab? Looking to possibly make our first trip next month and pulling a 16' travel trailer. Thanks!

The pics are awesome!!! We were planning a return trip to Ouray, but now I'm tempted to try Moab this year.

Have you guys done any non-jeep stuff? Any recommendations? Thanks
I know there are plenty of places to camp in Moab but not very familiar with any. I do recall a really cool spot, literally along the CO River, called Goose Island Campground and you pass it on your way out of town going towards Top of the World trail. It just looked really cool, and small. I found it just now with google maps.
Our friends stayed at Slickrock Campground and we met them in there. It was clean but packed but he did say the showers were nice.
We met the guy, Doug, who owns The Portal which is next to Slickrock and is a nice camp ground. He was really nice and is a huge off roader who is friends with the owner or one of the head guys at Teraflex. It might be considered more of a high end camp ground but it is def nice.

We did drive into Arches National Park and that was very pretty hiking out to the different arches. Other than that we will be doing all of that kind of exploring once we move out there in three weeks :)

If you've already done Ouray (which is soooo beautiful and we will only be 7 hours from it) then I would recommend hitting Moab, I promise you will not be let down.
Sponsored