Third JL production shift may be added because of record sales

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
How about adding a 3rd shift to make sure the frames are right and the first two are building high quality jeeps. Considering what has happened with the 2018 QCshould be the priority not production numbers.

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017
jeep orange wheels.jpg

Willys made the Jeep name in the first place . ( No airbags , No cold weather group , No power locks , and No "Infotainment" .)
Good point. And most parts of the world don't even mean Jeep when they say "jeep".

Lord-Maniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jk
Well I am sure no one is wielding the frames of the JL's I am sure a machine was just off our not as hot as it should be but the pics I saw say it just missed the mark . if you watch the Jeep build videos it all pretty much snap together sections and the more you do the better you get so I think its a maintenance issue on machine tolerances

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017
if you watch the Jeep build videos it all pretty much snap together sections and the more you do the better you get so I think its a maintenance issue on machine tolerances
No they (the people) are just incompetent. The machines don't have opinions or unions to screw up like that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JlEngineline

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them
The frames are built in China. Not in-house

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
That’s the first I’ve heard that the frames are built in China! I knew they were built by an outside vendor! But in China!?!? That would sure explain the rust on the welds and and the spread of the build dates with bad frames.

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
The frame recall issue appears to be overblown. All manufacturers have recalls and quality control issues.

Update Oct. 5, 2018 5:52 p.m. ET: FCA says the recall population includes approximately 18,000 vehicles, which will all be inspected. Of those, the company estimates that 4 percent (roughly 720 vehicles) “may have the issue.”

This is not another Ford recall of 2 million vehicles for mandatory seat belt replacement, because the defective seat belts initiate fires.

10 Car Brands With The Highest Recall Rates:

1. Mercedes-Benz C-Class - 5.77
  2. GMC Sierra - 3.25
  3. BMW 3/4 Series - 2.95
  4. Dodge Durango - 2.71
  5. Nissan Pathfinder - 2.00
  6. Ram Pickup - 1.99
  7. Toyota 4Runner - 1.98
  8. Dodge Charger - 1.74
  9. Chrysler 300 - 1.71
  10. Chevrolet Tahoe - 1.52

Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
The frame recall issue appears to be overblown. All manufacturers have recalls and quality control issues.

Update Oct. 5, 2018 5:52 p.m. ET: FCA says the recall population includes approximately 18,000 vehicles, which will all be inspected. Of those, the company estimates that 4 percent (roughly 720 vehicles) “may have the issue.”

This is not another Ford recall of 2 million vehicles for mandatory seat belt replacement, because the defective seat belts initiate fires.

10 Car Brands With The Highest Recall Rates:

• Mercedes-Benz C-Class - 5.77
    • GMC Sierra - 3.25
    • BMW 3/4 Series - 2.95
    • Dodge Durango - 2.71
    • Nissan Pathfinder - 2.00
    • Ram Pickup - 1.99
    • Toyota 4Runner - 1.98
    • Dodge Charger - 1.74
    • Chrysler 300 - 1.71
    • Chevrolet Tahoe - 1.52
So what you're saying is 4 of the top 10 recalled vehicles are FCA products? Hmmmm...

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Wait until Land Rover comes up with the new Defender and later add a SVR model with a supercharged V8. Everyone thinks that Defender's no match but you see a lot more of them than Wranglers in other parts of the world. Also not everyone lives next to the Rubicon and rock crawl every day to work either.

Even the new Suzuki Jimny hits it close to home to the 2dr Wrangler with its ladder frame, proper transfer case, small size, etc.

You don't want your competitive edge to be based on just a name and a red panel along the dash. There are others who've made better names for themselves than Jeep. There are others do interiors far far better. Capabilities wise the JL hasn't gone ahead from the 2007 model. During that time, other manufacturers have taken note of the JK's success and new releases show this... Unlike Jeep who managed to :ontheloo: on its own success.

Overnight the JL could be wiped off... imagine Toyota releasing a retro themed J4x. If there's no Wrangler, no one would care to buy other Jeep SUVs. Just like that, Jeep's out of the game.
Hold on here,
The wrangler has straight axles front and rear is available in a two door and four-door with manual and automatic transmissions and soon a diesel. None of the SUVs on the market have anything that matches the wrangler. Unless some of those suv’s that you listed come out with a Rubicon type vehicle there is no competition. A lot of people know the difference between IFS and real axles and that’s what separates the Jeep from everything else. Also the two door Rubicon is in class completely on its own ! there is no other two door SUV 4 x 4 available in America period. Also the aftermarket support for the jeep is unrivaled.
Sponsored