Third JL production shift may be added because of record sales

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Corporate America says quantity over quality as long as the sales are strong and getting stronger . Nothing will change as long as there’s record sales , why would it ?
Because they're under warranty and they're obligated to fix issues at their expense.

sleepnclass

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon
I got von today and I’m excited. Hope it doesn’t take too long.

parrotheadphan

First Name
Mike (aka Kirk)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Firecracker Red, 3.6l, 8 spd auto
Occupation
Digital arts & photography teacher
Vehicle Showcase
There's a backlog, I'm just curious how much longer until they work through it. Jeeps in 'I' don't have a single shared issue wrong with all of them, it's a multitude of issues. They just aren't getting through handling all of them quickly enough. New Jeeps are being built faster than old failed 'I' Jeeps are being repaired.
The backlog could be a real problem. I hope there is some logical system to clear this backlog. However, based on the info (from jeep chat, dealers, etc.) we all share on the forum, it sure doesn't seem that way. It is frustrating to sit in I (or whatever hell we get stuck in) and see many built, shipped, and delivered during that time.

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
Even if the frames are outsourced, the factory is still responsible for INSPECTING them. Who is your QA inspector, Stevie Wonder?

Maybe Ray Charles?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
The backlog could be a real problem. I hope there is some logical system to clear this backlog. However, based on the info (from jeep chat, dealers, etc.) we all share on the forum, it sure doesn't seem that way. It is frustrating to sit in I (or whatever hell we get stuck in) and see many built, shipped, and delivered during that time.
The same thing happened with the 2018s. A group got held up in inspection and ended up clogging up all the lots. They kept shipping new ones while they slowly cleared the backlog. Good news is they eventually shipped. Some took 5 months.
Sponsored