Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
Looks great, but Jeep needs a solution for a third brake light independent of the top. I think their current design works well.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Federal law requires third brake light so when the top is off you still need one so that's why Jeep did it that way.

BTW most states require doors to be on vehicle when on-road.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DickZip

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
This is a Rhetorical question. Why not make this standard, use the existing solution for the soft top and sell it as an accessory. I’d say most tops never come off. Maybe you take ur top off, but most jeeps are mallrated.
Removing you tire carrier means losing your third brake light and so on.

AMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG, BMW G650GS
This is a Rhetorical question. Why not make this standard, use the existing solution for the soft top and sell it as an accessory. I’d say most tops never come off. Maybe you take ur top off, but most jeeps are mallrated.
Your logic makes no sense, and I don't think you know what a rhetorical question is. The Wrangler is a convertible and needs a third center-mount brake light whether or not the top is on. If Jeep were to mount the light where you want it mounted, it wouldn't meet DOT standards. If a car doesn't meet DOT standards it doesn't get sold. How is that hard to understand?

And for what it's worth, I've never met a Wrangler driver that doesn't go topless on occasion.

OP
OP
DickZip

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
DFA45992-1256-4CA4-B33F-69051E5427A8.png
In my statement I say, Jeep should make this standard in all hardtops. This is rhetorical. I have the answer to my own question, but since I don’t drive to the mall in my Jeep and have a spare tire carrier that has no place for a third brake light this is my solution to the problem. Ever seen the third brake light is on a pickup truck?

AMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG, BMW G650GS
DFA45992-1256-4CA4-B33F-69051E5427A8.png
In my statement I say, Jeep should make this standard in all hardtops. This is rhetorical. I have the answer to my own question, but since I don’t drive to the mall in my Jeep I have no place for a third brake light and this is my solution to the problem.
Rhetorical questions are questions like "who cares?", "what the hell?", "do I look like I was born yesterday?"... they're questions used to make a point. You asked a specific question about why a Jeep didn't install the thrid brake light on the hard top. That is not a rhetorical question.

If you drive on the road you legally need a third brake light, with or without a top. Jeep needs to sell vehicles that abide by the law. End of story.

Sponsored

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Sincere question: what’s wrong w the current 3rd brake light set up?

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
Most people in the south use soft tops or no tops at all. This setup doesn't work.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
why didn’t Jeep do this from the factory
...and deprive you of the satisfaction of installing your own mod and sharing it with this wonderful community? Jeep would never do that to you.
Sponsored