Sponsored

Third Brake Light extension cable with OEM connectors?

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Hi,
I am looking for a Third Brake Light extension cable with OEM connectors or a source for the OEM connectors.

I want to be able to extend the cable temporarily, and be able to revert to stock configuration, without cutting and splicing the original cable.

Do you know of a source?

Thank you.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Yellow Cake Kid

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
FWIW, I can find a bunch of links to the JK series extensions cables, but have not had much luck finding anything that is said to be compatible with the JL.

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer

Quinn99

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara, Chief Blue
Following. Extensions for third break light or rear signal/reverse would be great but I haven’t seen them for JL either.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

Sponsored

OP
OP
Yellow Cake Kid

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Thank you for the link to the Camera extension cable.

I had already found that product, although it is just a longer cable not an extender. By that I mean it does not have the proper connectors to actually extend the cabling. It has the connectors that require the replacement of the original cable, so not necessarily convenient if all you want to do is pop an extender in for a temporary project.

I have not found a convenient way to quickly extend the length of the third brake light. There are lots of links for the JK brake light so I am hoping to find a similar extension for the JL third brake light.

Thank you.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the link to the Camera extension cable.

I had already found that product, although it is just a longer cable not an extender. By that I mean it does not have the proper connectors to actually extend the cabling. It has the connectors that require the replacement of the original cable, so not necessarily convenient if all you want to do is pop an extender in for a temporary project.

I have not found a convenient way to quickly extend the length of the third brake light. There are lots of links for the JK brake light so I am hoping to find a similar extension for the JL third brake light.

Thank you.
@JeepScares

I'm sure you know you can easily tap into the 3rd brake wires.. It is very easy to do and not really that invasive... No, you don't want to try that with the b/u Camera wires.

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I clearly read that wrong :facepalm:

OP
OP
Yellow Cake Kid

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Thanks anyways. :)

The best case for my project would be to use a camera cable such as the one in the link and find a source for the connectors so I could wire a brake light extension.

Quinn99

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara, Chief Blue
@JeepScares

I'm sure you know you can easily tap into the 3rd brake wires.. It is very easy to do and not really that invasive... No, you don't want to try that with the b/u Camera wires.
Not to speak for @JeepScares but i would be willing to purchase an extension if it let me splice while honestly saying I’ve never cut the stock wiring. I suspect I’ll get over this at some point and go to town with the splices but I’m not there yet!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not to speak for @JeepScares but i would be willing to purchase an extension if it let me splice while honestly saying I’ve never cut the stock wiring. I suspect I’ll get over this at some point and go to town with the splices but I’m not there yet!
I hear ya.... but you are talking 2 pin pricks to tap.
Sponsored

Last edited: