First Name
Romina
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thinskinz.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Here are some of our most frequently asked questions - If you have any other questions you can reply to this thread or email us at [email protected]
  • Are ThinSkinz™ only for the rear doors?
    • Yes, ThinSkinz™ are made for the rear interior doors to protect your door panels from damage caused by things you carry in the back seat. Sold as a pair of Left and Right door protectors.

• What are they made of?
    • ThinSkinz™ are made of ABS polymer which is the same hard plastic that many of your car's components are made from. As far as plastics go, ABS is used for its toughness and relative scratch resistance. Many hard-sided luggage models are also made from ABS for these properties.

• How do they stay on without fasteners or adhesives?
    • ThinSkinz™ keep themselves on your doors by using their shape. There is a short flange on the top of each panel that hooks over the sill and a middle feature that slides into the door pull pocket on the armrest. They are also perfectly matched to the surface of your door like a second skin. All these elements work together to keep the panels securely on your door. No need for fasteners or adhesives

• Is there something on the back of the panels?
    • Felt is applied in specific areas on the reverse side of ThinSkinz™ panels. This adds extra snugness and dampens any rattling as you drive.

• Can ThinSkinz™ panels be removed from inside the car?
    • Yes, ThinSkinz™ panels can be removed from inside the car. Simply place your fingers underneath the armrest and push up. They should come right off.

• Can you open the doors from inside with ThinSkinz™ installed?
    • ThinSkinz™ cover the door handles so passengers will not be able to use them while the panels are on. However, in case you have forgotten to remove them and you're not around to show them the recommended method of removal, there is a hole in the middle of the handle through which they can insert their finger. A slight upward motion will dislodge the skin which should be easily removed by continuing the motion. Make sure the child safety locks are not engaged on the door. This is done by using a manual screw-on Jeep Wrangler rear doors. We do recommend that you remove ThinSkinz™ panels before taking adult passengers in your backseat.

• Will ThinSkinz™ fit different Jeep Wrangler JL trims?
    • Yes, ThinSkinz™ for Jeep Wrangler JL's will fit all JL trim levels with power windows. There is no hole cutout for manual window actuators. Please make sure that your vehicle is a JL. They will NOT fit JK's or earlier models.

• How are ThinSkinz™ shipped?
    • Each order of ThinSkinz™ is shipped as a matched set pair of protective panels comprised of one left and one right panels. Each set will come in a box with instructions. approx dims 27" x 7" x 18"

• What is your return/refund policy?
    • We'd be happy to handle your return and refund your purchase. Please ship the item back to us in new condition within 30 days of purchase for a full refund of the purchase price. Customer pays for return shipping.

• What other models are you planning on doing Skinz for?
    • We are planning on developing Skinz for more model vehicles as soon as we can. We are currently developing Skinz for Toyota Tacomas. The next one we'll work on will probably be divided by how many requests we receive. We need about 300 requests for us to start on a particular model. You make a request for your vehicle here Vehicle Suggestion Form
Sponsored

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
1. There's no pic... and 2. Im not understanding why I would want this especially if the door handle isnt accessible.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Ohhhhh i understand now! What a great idea!

Sponsored

OP
OP
ThinSkinz

ThinSkinz

First Name
Romina
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thinskinz.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
1. There's no pic... and 2. Im not understanding why I would want this especially if the door handle isnt accessible.
Hi! Thank you so much for the questions. We do have 2 models, the PRO which protects the door handle and the ACCESS which gives you full access to the door handle. The Skinz are made only for the rear doors and since most people do not carry passengers in the back seat, we decided to make a PRO model to protect the door handle from dogs or any work equipment or camping gear that may damage it along with the door panel.

Jeep Wrangler JL ThinSkinz rear door protectors - FAQs ThinSkinz Access
Jeep Wrangler JL ThinSkinz rear door protectors - FAQs ThinSkinz PRO

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Really cool! I could def use them. I will check them out.

huyfishin

First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.huyfishin.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Automotive Paint Protection Film Installer and Glass tinter
damn I wish i knew about these earlier haha already scuffed and damaged my door panels from loading cargo constantly.

OP
OP
ThinSkinz

ThinSkinz

First Name
Romina
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thinskinz.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
damn I wish i knew about these earlier haha already scuffed and damaged my door panels from loading cargo constantly.
Oh no, sorry to hear that! You can always get them in order to prevent further damage and your doors. And also to make them looks a bit better.

Sponsored

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Would we need to remove them to carry the door (when going doorless) or can you still access the grip on the underside to carry?

MI Jeep Girl

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU XR Rubicon Firecracker Red
@ThinSkinz can you tell me what it looks like where the button is to roll the window up/down? That's where my doggie likes to "paw," so we will open the window for her, lol TIA P.S. Is there a promo code I can use?

OP
OP
ThinSkinz

ThinSkinz

First Name
Romina
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thinskinz.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Would we need to remove them to carry the door (when going doorless) or can you still access the grip on the underside to carry?
The Skinz go from the top of the panel down to where the mesh pocket starts. You can still grab the underside and window frame to carry the doors. But if you do want to remove them, it literally takes one second to do so.
Hope that answers your question.
Jeep Wrangler JL ThinSkinz rear door protectors - FAQs ThinSkinz Access

OP
OP
ThinSkinz

ThinSkinz

First Name
Romina
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thinskinz.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
@ThinSkinz can you tell me what it looks like where the button is to roll the window up/down? That's where my doggie likes to "paw," so we will open the window for her, lol TIA P.S. Is there a promo code I can use?
Unfortunately, the Skinz are made only for the rear doors.... so there are no buttons for them to press there. You can use code JL_Wrangler-Forum10 for 10% off your purchase. :)

MI Jeep Girl

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU XR Rubicon Firecracker Red
Unfortunately, the Skinz are made only for the rear doors.... so there are no buttons for them to press there. You can use code JL_Wrangler-Forum10 for 10% off your purchase. :)
Oh yes, I knew they were for the back...so you can probably tell that I don't have my Jeep yet...are there not any buttons to roll the window down back there? LOL Thanks for the promo code!! I already have a set in the "cart!"
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.