First Name
Romina
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thinskinz.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
@ThinSkinz please consider making these for the front door panels as well. The small yappy dog in jeeps segment is surprisingly large.

Also, I'm sure at least one person would buy them for the fronts, just to be able to colour match, or really to change the windowsills to anything but elbow-burning black. I.e. me.
Hi! Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, we are definelty getting lots of requests to make Skinz for the front doors, specially the front passenger....not so much for the driver side. So yes, that's something we may be adding after we launched the skinz for Tacomas early next year.
We've also received requests on the color match but given that are so many options is really hard for us to do so as the ABS Plastic we used is thermoformed in black. Some of our Jeepers have hydro-dip them and vynil wrap them in order to match their customized interior. As we continue to grow, we will continue to make improvements to the material and the look though, so hopefully we can accomodate all the requests we are getting. 🙏
Sponsored

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Hi! Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, we are definelty getting lots of requests to make Skinz for the front doors, specially the front passenger....not so much for the driver side. So yes, that's something we may be adding after we launched the skinz for Tacomas early next year.
We've also received requests on the color match but given that are so many options is really hard for us to do so as the ABS Plastic we used is thermoformed in black. Some of our Jeepers have hydro-dip them and vynil wrap them in order to match their customized interior. As we continue to grow, we will continue to make improvements to the material and the look though, so hopefully we can accomodate all the requests we are getting. 🙏

I meant that if they were available for the fronts, people would buy them to colour match it themselves. Way easier than removing the inner panel and dealing with the squishy armrest.

Painting them in-house will probably never be worthwhile for you guys. Is the glossy finish added, or do they come out that way? You could probably sell unfinished ones for cheaper too.

Put me down as 1 of 300 for the petition to do front panels for the JL though.

utjmac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited 392
Just ordered mine. These are a great idea, and my dog is going to love me being a bit more chill about him slobbering on the doors. Thanks!

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Just ordered mine. These are a great idea, and my dog is going to love me being a bit more chill about him slobbering on the doors. Thanks!
Ordering mine as well. Hopefully you will make these for the new grand cherokee L someday!

Sponsored

OP
OP
ThinSkinz

ThinSkinz

First Name
Romina
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thinskinz.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
These are perfect for my dogs.
Any thoughts in also making these available for the 2021 Tahoe/suburban?
Thanks!!! Yes. We are planning on making Skinz for as many vehicles as we can in the future. We are currently working on Skinz for the Tacomas, 4Runners and after that most likely the JKs. Whatever we work on next depends on the number of requests we receive in our website for a particular vehicle.

threejeeps

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve had these for about a month and honestly it’s one of the best things I’ve bought for my Jeep. I have an active dog and she’s usually in my Jeep with me with her head out one of the back windows.

These fit great, stay on and take all the paw prints and scratches from my dog. Highly recommended!

mini_cal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Unlimited
was debating on getting a set, but after my road trip this weekend with the dogs in the back I just placed my order. thanks for the discount code!

very excited to receive these and get them on my doors!

lalalofsky

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
I would love to see a set of these made for foot wells, perhaps cargo area, i hate all the gunk that seems to cover the cup holder area between The front seats, unsure if there is a good application there.

Sponsored

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I would love to see a set of these made for foot wells, perhaps cargo area, i hate all the gunk that seems to cover the cup holder area between The front seats, unsure if there is a good application there.
Seconding this. The front footwells, especially on the passenger side, end up taking a lot of damage. Would love to have something to cover them. Same for the panels in the 2-door cargo area. Loading up my camping gear, I usually end up having to drape blankets over the trim pieces to prevent rubbing damage.

JayCeeX2

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2014 4Runner Limited
I keep telling my teenage daughters to be careful with their backpacks getting in and out of the Jeep. They just like to throw it in and the buckles on them are starting to scratch the door.

So....I just ordered a pair of these.

Short of using a heat gun on the plastic door, how can I remove the scratches, or at least minmize them. Fortunately not that deep.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Got mine in yesterday, took 2 minutes to install including unboxing them... Absolutely love the look of them, SOOOO MUCH BETTER than those ugly nylon things that flapped with the windows down...

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

I keep telling my teenage daughters to be careful with their backpacks getting in and out of the Jeep. They just like to throw it in and the buckles on them are starting to scratch the door.

So....I just ordered a pair of these.

Short of using a heat gun on the plastic door, how can I remove the scratches, or at least minmize them. Fortunately not that deep.
Yes, who knew backpacks would be the front kick and door panels mortal enemy?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.