Sponsored

Thinking of removing XR fender extensions

Should I remove the XR fender extensions?

• Total voters

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Seems to me that mud flaps behind the front tires would be more effective as a lot of dirt/grime is coming from just under the stock flares. I just installed Weathertechs on my fronts and they seem to do a pretty good job knocking down the spray from the tires.

Note I am a stock Rubicon at the moment. My fear though is I will rip them off the first time I do some decent rock crawling. Too bad they aren't quickly removable.
Jeep Wrangler JL Thinking of removing XR fender extensions 8466C9D2-9467-4DA4-B788-3C251CD92CC3
Jeep Wrangler JL Thinking of removing XR fender extensions 411279C0-6381-4E15-BFD9-052CAB9C001C

simple install, and easily accessible thumb screws allowing quick removal if needed
Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Watch how you install mud flaps, with big tires when you back up in the rocks they often get torn off and can damage the Jeep.
Good point.

This is the reason I donā€™t run them and just accept the rock chips on mine. Theyā€™re good for muching gravel miles, not so good for crawling

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
Consider yourself warned. I would think ā€œmud flapsā€ behind the wheel wells would do a better job. My door hinges are chipped with the XR flares, although to be fair, Iā€™ve got pretty aggressive tires that throw rocks everywhere. For what is worth, the hinges come off easy enough, and could be repainted fairly cheaply.
ive been meaning to get some PPF for the hinges. If they survive EJS this weekend, maybe that needs to become a priority.

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
I love the XR fender extensions. I liked them the first time I saw them. Still looking to either order them new or maybe pick up a set from someone on here that doesn't want them.

I think they look good and will help on my stock Willy's to keep crap off.

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I can attest that the Rokbloks help but don't mitigate all the crap getting thrown. I have about 1.5" of poke on 35x12.5 on +1 offset wheels. Was getting massive crap thrown up sides this winter. Added flaps and still got it, albeit not near as much. They do great directly behind the tire but the problem is the tires fling above the mudflap. I was still getting a slush buildup on rear fenders. I just added the XR extensions and hope that will help it more this coming winter.

Andras

First Name
Andras
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover LR4, Jeep Wrangler JL
I took mine off the day I got my jeep. I don't like the way they look at all. Others however think they look great. They would not help me with wheel spacers anyway. It's your jeep and your build. You don't have far to look to see what the fenders would look like with them removed. It's up to you. What we think doesn't matter.

Jeep Wrangler JL Thinking of removing XR fender extensions 411279C0-6381-4E15-BFD9-052CAB9C001C
how did u remove it? is this bolt on/bolt off?