Thinking of Purchasing Rubicon Unlimited

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Thanks for the replies and feedback. JL Rubicon has been ordered! Now we wait, hopefully not too long. I was quoted about 2 months. Robert Trachtman at Coastline CJDR was very helpful and straightforward. 5% below invoice. So this forum has already saved me a few thousand dollars vs walking into my local dealership. Can't complain there. As soon as they give me a more firm delivery estimate the mods will start arriving in the mail. Very excited. Thankfully we live in a small town so most of our driving with the kid isn't buys freeways.

$45,009 sales price :)

1589562932126.png
Congratulations!

Good call on the LEDs, tow group, proximity, and 8.4. The auxiliary switches are great.
Sponsored

FitRuggedRubi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR V6 Manual
Thanks for the replies and feedback. JL Rubicon has been ordered! Now we wait, hopefully not too long. I was quoted about 2 months. Robert Trachtman at Coastline CJDR was very helpful and straightforward. 5% below invoice. So this forum has already saved me a few thousand dollars vs walking into my local dealership. Can't complain there. As soon as they give me a more firm delivery estimate the mods will start arriving in the mail. Very excited. Thankfully we live in a small town so most of our driving with the kid isn't buys freeways.

$45,009 sales price :)

1589562932126.png
Congrats. Sting-Gray was my go-to but there were no local dealerships offering manual transmissions in that color. Hope you enjoy it!

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
great selection wishing you miles of smiles

Gallagher

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited JL
I had a quick scroll through and didn't see anybody mention it, but putting in a high back child's seat is a bit of a pain.

I bought my 2019 JLUR when my youngest daughter was 2. I also have a seven year old. Seven year is in a booster which is fine, and she sits behind me with my seat all the way back.

My youngest daughter is still in a front facing five point harness seat. Issue with that is that the rear seat is quite vertical, and the rear headrests cannot be adjusted or removed. To get the child seat to sit at the correct recline angle, I had to put padding behind the base of the seat (yes, manufacturer recommends this...) which pushes the front of the seat way forward. To give her leg room the front passenger seat has to be almost all the way forward. Not ideal for when my wife is in the front.

You can't pass the rear tether strap through under the head rests, so you need to have the rear tether style that has two attachment points on either side of the seat that joins together to clip to the car. A seat with a single center mounted tether will not work.

You should get the jeep before you buy the car seat so you can try it to see how how it fits.

Hope that helps! And for the record, the whole family loves the Jeep!
Sponsored