Sponsored

Thinking of ordering a stripper Willy's.... Thoughts?

Billy Baldone

First Name
William Stutz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 JL Willy's
In January, We got my wife a Snazzberry 2dr Willy's. auto, 4cyl, cold weather package and technology package. stickered at 41k. I want to get rid of my Trailhawk Cherokee and get my own Wrangler. I want a yellow Willy's Sport with a soft top/no A/C.... Only options I want are tow package, and window bag. I would replace the radio head unit with an Apple CarPlay option. I'm just curious if anyone has ordered one of these. A/C is not a big deal, as i live in Wyoming. I think the sticker is $33500
Sponsored

JL_Confidential

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gecko Willys Sport 2-door
Occupation
I'd tell you, but you know the rest....
In January, We got my wife a Snazzberry 2dr Willy's. auto, 4cyl, cold weather package and technology package. stickered at 41k. I want to get rid of my Trailhawk Cherokee and get my own Wrangler. I want a yellow Willy's Sport with a soft top/no A/C.... Only options I want are tow package, and window bag. I would replace the radio head unit with an Apple CarPlay option. I'm just curious if anyone has ordered one of these. A/C is not a big deal, as i live in Wyoming. I think the sticker is $33500
I ordered a 2-door Willys Sport in Gecko on 6/17. I did get A/C, but it's a soft top, 2.0L/Auto with the Trailer Tow and HD Electrical Group. It'll replace the 2-door Sport I have now. It's a hard top with the 3.6L/6-speed. Both which I'm not fond of. I love the Bikini color but a Willys Sport in Gecko with a soft top spoke more to me. Plus the trade in value is crazy high right now, so it was a no brainer.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I’m happy any time someone wants to buy a two door! Keep em alive.

The A/C question really comes down to if you plan on selling the jeep in the next 15-20 years. If the answer is yes I would get A/C. If you’re going to keep it forever and don’t care about resale then obviously it doesn’t matter.

Can you even get a Willys without A/C?

Sponsored

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
I am getting a stick. I did not know Gecko was available?????
Check the posts here, the 6MT is very annoying at first. It'll almost make you second guess your decision at first, but once you get about 2K on your new Jeep, you'll be glad you got it. Going non-Rubi like I did, you'll probably be craving a set of gears.

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
Ditto on the A/C-- get it. When I got mine, A/C was a $0 delete option, meaning it paid you nothing to delete it. You're paying for it anyway, may as well have it.

And I'd get the power windows. From a purist standpoint it's sacrilege, but they're handy AF for shutting out dust from oncoming traffic on those dusty mountain roads.

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
Ditto on the A/C-- get it. When I got mine, A/C was a $0 delete option, meaning it paid you nothing to delete it. You're paying for it anyway, may as well have it.

And I'd get the power windows. From a purist standpoint it's sacrilege, but they're handy AF for shutting out dust from oncoming traffic on those dusty mountain roads.
In Florida I had to have the A/C even as under preforming as it is in our heat and humidity. I believe the OP is referring to the Willy's sport, to which the A/C is another $1,295. If the OP is referring to Willys Sport, then power windows aren't an option either.

Sponsored

Mountaineep

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Toyota Tacoma, '21 Willys Sport (On Order)
Occupation
Mining Engineer
I ordered a stripped down Willys Sport recently also. It is in shipping now, and should be getting it soon. It did take 2.5 months from order to build for some reason though. My reasoning for not any options is it’s a 2nd vehicle for myself, and the Willys Sport comes with tinted windows and upgraded tires and that’s all I really need. I do kind of regret not going ahead and getting AC though - I know most nice days the top will be off, but there may be times the top needs to stay on.

Trainman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Willys 2dr
I too am going to order a 2022 Willys Sport, my only options with be A/C and the Hard Top. I wanted the Premium Soft Top as I don't care for the factory standard soft top, but it's not available on that model. I'm really looking forward to the 6 spd. manual, my first in a Jeep. The Willys model is the best bang for the buck when it comes to standard options and is setup for general off roading without having to add a lot of options.

trainman

five9dak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini '20 JL Freedom, '99 Dakota R/T, '97 Boxster
Having two 2 door JLs at the same time makes me bet one of them will eventually be for sale - get the A/C for resale.

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
I ordered a Willys sport. The only options was the color. I wanted Silver, but they said no. So I settled with my second choice. Sting-grey, and I also wanted the 2.0, so I had to take the auto. It is an unlimited, so A/C is standard. Had I known the radio did not come with sirius, I would have ordered that. Oh well. The good news it has manual windows, door locks, and roof.
Sponsored