Thinking about 4xE Rubicon Lease, Help me out

cpd1515

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL
Has anyone placed an order for Hybrid 4xE Rubicon? If so, if I plan to lease, how does the $7,500 tax credit play into the equation ?
Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
You as the leasee does not get the tax credit, the lesser get the credit. On Jeeps website build tool, they are now doing 4xe leases it really isn't that great of deal through FCA. On a Sahara, it was $10/month saving.

blueap2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda S2000
That $10/month savings may be due to changes in residual values. The tax credit should be applied as a capital cost reduction.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
The tax credit should be applied as a capital cost reduction.
If they apply 7500, it should definitely help out with a lease. Maybe they website is not accurate or they are giving a poor residual value that eats that up or Jeep just isn't trying to sell them via Lease. I would contact a dealership to find out some information.

dski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubi 4dr
Occupation
small business owner
I own an electric vehicle and received a tax credit. If this is the same thing, then that credit comes off your personal income in the year you purchased it.

I'm not a CPA so you should hit up some electric vehicle forums which probably talk about it at length....or talk to a CPA.

Sponsored

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
I'd recommend some Googling to get a more in-depth explanation than I could post here. For leases, since you are not actually buying the vehicle, it's not you but the company (I forget if it's the manufacturer or the leasing company) that gets the credit. Typically they will be willing to pass that on to you.

Not sure how versed you are in how leases work. But basically you'd just calculate out the lease like normal. The only change is the $7500 credit would get applied as a cap cost reduction. So, analogous to a down payment.

My understanding is that it is common for the company to pass the credit through to the buyer, but not guaranteed. So make sure you confirm that ahead of time with the dealer. This is the path I plan to be taking in a few months as my current lease nears its end. Good luck!

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Wanted to check in on this - it makes the lease deal pretty tempting right now. Anyone have experience to chime back in on?
Sponsored