Sponsored

Think twice before buying a 4xe

Ten4Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited / 2023 Jeep 392 XR
Medium's article doesn't mention the <1000LB payload capacity, or the 10'+ lost because of the battery hump. GMVR alone seems to make the 4xe a bad choice for offroaders. Just my opinion.

When I bought my 2021 JLUR, I had to decide between it and a 4xe, only $5K difference. The weight/space issue made it an easy choice for me.
That’s good info👍
Sponsored

Ten4Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, you don't have yours yet, do you? Yet, you're now a 392 XR expert and dismissive of some real world testing? The stock 392 XR I've driven did 0-60 in 4.1-4.3 secs (per my supplier's gMeter) and topped out at...99mph...flat out. At Rt66 in Chicagoland it laid down a 13.45 at 99mph. I recall him saying his paperwork stated 97mph governed.

So perhaps a new governor was slipped in for the latest production models, as I indicated above, to now yield 112mph? The off-road tires are barely rated for that before structural integrity comes into play. I'm passionate about vehicles, aviation and fond of all Jeeps but still don't feel any insecurity for having a worthless 4xe.:like:
Well then, that would make the 392XR you drove a bit of a unicorn as the 99 mph limiter is not the OEM design for the XR package. Your comment that insinuated my XR would be limited at 99 is why I corrected you.

And don’t put words in my mouth because I never said 4xe was worthless😂😂. Just my opinion it will not hold its value as well as other wranglers✌

Ten4Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you're really just into the 0-60 and 1/4 mile and want to stay with the Jeep brand and have a Hemi, you might be better served getting a GC Trackhawk. Just sayin'
You obviously aren’t reading my posts. GC trackhawk is too similar to other “fast” cars I’ve had in regards to being too refined and insulating the driver/passenger. We have 2019 Ram Limited for those long highway trips where smooth, quiet and comfortable cruising is desired. I think this Jeep 392 XR will be rugged and fun…with a good 0-60 punch to boot😉

Ten4Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 392 is not even a half a second quicker 0-60 than the defender. The defender and the g63 absolutely smoke the wrangler at the top end, the wrangler hangs due to gearing but runs out of steam, the defender is almost a full second faster to 100, breaks the 1/4 mile over 5 mph faster, and just has so much more power left, not to mention the blower helping at altitude to negate power loss. The G63 is in a whole other league so its not even worth mentioning other than dont bother trying it, you'll be massively embarassed.

You must not know how leases work, 3-5 year resale values are estimated all the time by companies, and are rarely off by more than a few percentage points (and thats usually in models that either straight up fail, or are unimaginably popular). The 4xe estimates have it being right in line, and the data so far backs up that they hold their value just like a wrangler (better actually).
So you admit the 392 XR is faster than the Defender V8 0-60? Then you proved my point! Most “street challenge runs” don’t go much past 60 mph considering the next traffic light and speed limits😂😂. And the G-Wagon won’t be embarrassing a 392 XR 0-60 either!! Neither of those are going to offer that unrefined fun that the Wrangler 392 XR has to offer👍 When it comes to off-roaders, the Wrangler 392 XR is a beast off the line!!!!

Last edited:

Bmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2012 JK, 2011 WK2 5.7
Well then, that would make the 392XR you drove a bit of a unicorn as the 99 mph limiter is not the OEM design for the XR package. Your comment that insinuated my XR would be limited at 99 is why I corrected you...
Stipulated. They must have screwed up the governed speed in his; do please confirm when you get yours to assure us there wasn't some "silent rollback" of the 112mph governed speed. There's a huge risk disintegrating the 35" tires at 112mph as they age.

I'll correct my statement:
It must be a big suck when all that 392 Wrangler fun has to stop at 99 112mph...it'd be funny to watch one being passed up by a Camry in the fast lane of an interstate after a lot of acceleration showboating.

No, I put no words in your mouth; it conflates your sketchy insinuation and prediction regarding the 4xe platform (or other Wranglers for that matter). The 392 XR is a blast to drive straight and Hemis rock, but it misses the downright sporty handling of the 4xe platform and with significantly less real world range (~12mpg real world and 19-20gal usable from the 21gal tank); that's very noticeable day to day unless the stoplight Grand Prix is all that matters to shock other drivers ("A Jeep beat me?").

It's great to have choices but odd to disparage or pontificate about what others chose.

Sponsored

Ten4Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stipulated. They must have screwed up the governed speed in his; do please confirm when you get yours to assure us there wasn't some "silent rollback" of the 112mph governed speed. There's a huge risk disintegrating the 35" tires at 112mph as they age.

I'll correct my statement:
It must be a big suck when all that 392 Wrangler fun has to stop at 99 112mph...it'd be funny to watch one being passed up by a Camry in the fast lane of an interstate after a lot of acceleration showboating.

No, I put no words in your mouth; it conflates your sketchy insinuation and prediction regarding the 4xe platform (or other Wranglers for that matter). The 392 XR is a blast to drive straight and Hemis rock, but it misses the downright sporty handling of the 4xe platform and with significantly less real world range (~12mpg real world and 19-20gal usable from the 21gal tank); that's very noticeable day to day unless the stoplight Grand Prix is all that matters to shock other drivers ("A Jeep beat me?").

It's great to have choices but odd to disparage or pontificate about what others chose.
Thank you 🙏 that’s all I was looking for😉. Agree with you on all these points and I probably will never reach the 112 limiter, except on a very rare occasion. That’s not what I’m after. It’s the 0-60, rugged chiseled looks, and the unrefined handling that should make this a blast to drive💪😎 My perspective is that the 4xe won’t hold its value, and only time will tell😉

Cheers 🍻

JRudi392

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Unlimited RHD, Jeep Rubicon 392 Gobi
The non-XR 392 has a governor limit of 99 mph, the XR has a governor limit of 112. Those are JEEP facts. If you get something (Tazer?) that cancels the governor the 392 is capable of approx. 155, not that anyone in their right mind would even want to go that fast in a Jeep.

Ten4Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The non-XR 392 has a governor limit of 99 mph, the XR has a governor limit of 112. Those are JEEP facts. If you get something (Tazer?) that cancels the governor the 392 is capable of approx. 155, not that anyone in their right mind would even want to go that fast in a Jeep.
Appreciate the confirmation 👍👍

Sponsored

Ten4Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let's see you claim you drive a RAM, you are a hybrid expert from regularly riding cabs in Turkey, your wife is selling her Maxima to buy a 392 Wrangler, so you can use it to drag race corvettes.
Yes, exactly 😆😆😂. But it’s Israel, not Turkey😉

Bmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2012 JK, 2011 WK2 5.7
Let's see you claim you drive a RAM, you are a hybrid expert from regularly riding cabs in Turkey, your wife is selling her Maxima to buy a 392 Wrangler, so you can use it to drag race corvettes.
Exactly. His big disappointment will be the stoplight Grand Prix where the difference between a 3.5sec 0-60 and 4sec 0-60 and 5sec 0-60 is measured at vehicle length; not much of an impressive gap stop-to-stop on the street.

Ten4Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exactly. His big disappointment will be the stoplight Grand Prix where the difference between a 3.5sec 0-60 and 4sec 0-60 and 5sec 0-60 is measured at vehicle length; not much of an impressive gap stop-to-stop on the street.
But the surprise on their faces when they hear the unexpected roar of the 6.4 liter coming to life and the sudden realization that they won’t be overtaking this Wrangler too easily, if at all. 😉😎
Sponsored

Last edited: