Sponsored

Think twice before buying a 4xe

eLECTRICON

No, but I'll think twice about buying any vehicle other than a 4xe! 13654 miles on it. I ripped stuff off to put stuff on! I've put is to the test in Moab. It's nothing but impressed me! I have a Teraflex 3.5" lift with 35" MT's. I have not had any issues! I get 19mpg in gas only mode, even with 35s and 44mpge in hybrid mode.
Jeep Wrangler JL Think twice before buying a 4xe 20211030_162946
Sponsored

eLECTRICON

Also, this is a whole new animal. It doesn't drive like any gas, PHEV or electric vehicle. It takes a lot of getting used to. A lot of it is unfamiliar to drivers and they think something is wrong with it when there not. Also the dealers don't know anything about it which is kind of sad. So when you bring it in and ask questions they blow smoke up your but!

Bren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Granite Crystal Rubicon 4XE
Both the new bills remove the cap on tax credits expiring for high sales.
I havent seen the text of the latest version, but an earlier version of the bill capped any vehicle with a battery smaller than 40kwh to $4,000. If that remains, the credit would reduce from $7,500 to $4,000 on all 4XE models (since our battery is only 17kwh).

john adams

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD, Bolt
I havent seen the text of the latest version, but an earlier version of the bill capped any vehicle with a battery smaller than 40kwh to $4,000. If that remains, the credit would reduce from $7,500 to $4,000 on all 4XE models (since our battery is only 17kwh).
There are some income, msrp, and other things like the cap you mentioned in the house bill but no cap on cars sold.

Regarding your math on the 4xe and the house bill, you are right about the reduction but it takes it from a 12,500 max possible rebate to about 8K rebate for the 4xe.

This is assuming it passes. Then the senate and house have to reconcile. The senate would give the 4xe an 8K reduction. I’d wager the final reconciled bill would give the 4xe a 5-10 rebate. Pure EVs will be higher. And maybe lower cost EVs too.

The summary of the house bill and how to calculate the rebate for the 4xe is here.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...d-the-pending-bill-warning-no-politics.81580/

Sponsored

Sellyson

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon 4XE
Just purchased my new 4XE in mid-Jan. Check engine light came on a few days later and vehicle completely lost power will in motion. I was able to get is reset after cycling on/off several time. CEL finally went off an hour later. Yesterday my daughter was driving and the same thing happened. Fortunately she was able to safely pull to the side of the road when the vehicle suddenly lost power. We were very lucky she was not on a highway or busy intersection at the time. Vehicle has since been towed to the dealer. I expect we are dealing with a latent quality issue that is likely inherent in the design. I also see that a class action law suit has been started out of Gainesville FL for the same issue. I will see what the dealer says but I see this as a very serious safety issue that needs to be escalated inside of Chrysler.

john adams

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD, Bolt
Just purchased my new 4XE in mid-Jan. Check engine light came on a few days later and vehicle completely lost power will in motion. I was able to get is reset after cycling on/off several time. CEL finally went off an hour later. Yesterday my daughter was driving and the same thing happened. Fortunately she was able to safely pull to the side of the road when the vehicle suddenly lost power. We were very lucky she was not on a highway or busy intersection at the time. Vehicle has since been towed to the dealer. I expect we are dealing with a latent quality issue that is likely inherent in the design. I also see that a class action law suit has been started out of Gainesville FL for the same issue. I will see what the dealer says but I see this as a very serious safety issue that needs to be escalated inside of Chrysler.
This is why I canceled my 4xe order and went with a petroleum based Wrangler (for now).

The 4xe is the most fun to drive when it's driving.

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
if you keep having the same issue, I'd seriously consider Lemon laws in your state and demand a buyback!

ALT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
Appears that class action law suit was dismissed.
Jeep Wrangler JL Think twice before buying a 4xe 1652616971629

https://dockets.justia.com/docket/georgia/gandce/2:2021cv00204/294643

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
I can't even get parts for my MTB. The world we live in. Thanks COVID.
haha, i bought a TREK and it came with all kinds of parts that were not even listed by the manufacture. its the wild west right now.

Sponsored

sixspeed

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JL
There is a recall because in some circumstances the jeep would operate with the gas engine only : https://www.chrysler.com/universal/webselfservice/pdf/ca_en/Y46.pdf. I bought mine 5 month ago. It now runs on electric mode only with limited autonomy. My dealer says i twill take 3 weeks to fix. Really not a good buy!
I don’t think this has been said here but if so, sorry. I was rather shocked to see when looking at a 4xe this weekend that, because of the batteries, you can’t fold down the backseats. I have liked the 4xe but this alone would send me elsewhere. One of the main purposes of SUVs, not just Jeeps, is to have a lot of room in the back if needed. Can’t do it with the 4xe.

Storm Cloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lawyer
I don’t think this has been said here but if so, sorry. I was rather shocked to see when looking at a 4xe this weekend that, because of the batteries, you can’t fold down the backseats. I have liked the 4xe but this alone would send me elsewhere. One of the main purposes of SUVs, not just Jeeps, is to have a lot of room in the back if needed. Can’t do it with the 4xe.
You can fold them down, they just don't lay down perfectly flat. There's a slight upward angle.

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
You can fold them down, they just don't lay down perfectly flat. There's a slight upward angle.
I thought it was like a 6" vertical shelf?

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
I thought it was like a 6" vertical shelf?
You are correct. Not sure if @sixspeed was referring to wanting a totally flat load floor all the way to the front seat backs or if they got confused and didn't understand how the 4xe seats fold down because it is so different.
Sponsored