OP

Jean-Pierre

First Name
Jean-Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
There's always the Bronco...I'd considered one. A buddy of mine bought, er, "ordered" a Bronco because its mfr is so...um...reliable. My one month-plus old 4xe Rubi has been perfect and beyond expectations. I'm enjoying the heck out of the 4xe Rubi while my buddy can only do this......
1634924150377.png
I was also enjoying my 4xe 3 months ago. Since my 4xe is now dead, please tell-me where your buddy got this stuff...
Sponsored

Bmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2012 JK, 2011 WK2 5.7
I was also enjoying my 4xe 3 months ago. Since my 4xe is now dead, please tell-me where your buddy got this stuff...
I'm pretty sure his dealership is giving these away because they add $10,000 to the MSRP at delivery time.

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
A lawyer getting rich, what's your point? Your agenda is different than mine. I sing the praises of the 4xe everywhere I go, because so far I love it. Trying to scare folks seems to be yours. Your first year vehicle will get fixed under warranty and all this will be in the past. But your angry thread will live on.

EDIT: if mine goes bad, I'll be right back here to apologize.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I agree that recalls are part of the business. However, a car going totally dead after only a few months is another issue.
It is also totally unreasonable to wait 3 weeks to get it fixed.
Do you have lemon laws in Canada?

Chad1433

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I can't even get parts for my MTB. The world we live in. Thanks COVID.
I'm working in a bike shop and I know this pain. We rent bicycles and have been having a hell of a time keeping the fleet rentable. To that end, we've been scooping up parts online relentlessly. Sorry...

OP
OP

Jean-Pierre

First Name
Jean-Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
A lawyer getting rich, what's your point? Your agenda is different than mine. I sing the praises of the 4xe everywhere I go, because so far I love it. Trying to scare folks seems to be yours. Your first year vehicle will get fixed under warranty and all this will be in the past. But your angry thread will live on.

This is
Do you have lemon laws in Canada?
This is not an issue. I loved this truck. I would not mind driving it under warranty as long as I get good service. The problem is that I get both mecanical issues (this seems relatively common for other users) and bad service.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
This is

This is not an issue. I loved this truck. I would not mind driving it under warranty as long as I get good service. The problem is that I get both mecanical issues (this seems relatively common for other users) and bad service.
Universally many dealers have bad service. Unfortunately the dealers usually are independently owned business that are franchised to independent owners. Try getting your regional Jeep rep involved.

Luxy60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Willys 4xe, '17 Subaru Crosstrek
I would guess this is probably due to the lead time on one or several of the parts needed for repair. But this is every industry right now. We’re building a new multi purpose facility - according to our contractor, roofing materials typically available within a month of order now have an additional six to eight week delay. Even something mundane like PVC piping has had additional delays in delivery. It’s a frustrating situation for everyone.
It's all probably sitting in a container off shore or in the ports of Long Beach or LA! :)

Sponsored

JollieOllie

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Unlimited Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
The problem is that I get both mecanical issues (this seems relatively common for other users) and bad service.
“This seems relatively common for other users”. Just because you type this, it doesn’t make it the truth. How many problems per 1,000 sold. Do you know? I don’t. My experiences have been great so far, including my one visit to the dealer.
So you are having an issue with your Jeep, it’s not the end of the world nor does it mean nobody should buy a 4xe.
What that Monthy Python song - 🎼always look at the bright side of life🎼…

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
This is really terrible! Unfortunately, the 4xe is just too new and there haven't been enough of them on the road for a lengthy period of time to draw and statistically meaningful analysis. So you will have people with bad experiences complain while people with great experiences shrug off those complaints. However, living in the post-pandemic world, we have to adjust our thinking. We can't jump onto the next new thing that comes out. Because new parts are hard to come by. Any part is hard to come by now. Suppliers are super busy barely trying to meet current production demand and they can't be bothered with making new parts. Ask me how I know? So any new widget will have early life issues and growing pains. So we have to go by what has been in production for years and is validated and proven to be reliable. Anyone rolling the dice on an electric hybrid from a company not known for their stellar reliability may end up like this poor family with their $60K Jeep suddenly shutting off in the middle of a highway. He could end up being the ONLY unlucky person to have this happen to them or there could be a lot more similar cases coming. We just don't know. Unfortunately, FCA will not pay any attention until there are a few horrible accidents with gruesome injuries or deaths. By then, it is too late really! I'm really pulling for Jeep. I hope they can find what's wrong and fix it quickly because this is the future and it is coming fast.

aggie047

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
Mine doesn't have these issues so my anecdotal experience trumps the OP's. An inappropriate thread title deserves ridicule every time.
So your anecdotal experience means something but OPs doesn’t? There are more people than just the OP having issues with the 4xe including me. Third time in the shop in 3 months of ownership. So just because it’s not happening to you means it’s not happening?

aggie047

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe

Bc only you matter and only your experiences matter. The ego! Wow.

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
So your anecdotal experience means something but OPs doesn’t? There are more people than just the OP having issues with the 4xe including me. Third time in the shop in 3 months of ownership. So just because it’s not happening to you means it’s not happening?
I am 100% sure some 4xe's have issues. I'm also 100% sure you don't know how many 4xe's have no issues vs those that do. People who imply most are bad, need pushback and will get it.
Sponsored