Sponsored

Think twice before buying a 4xe

Bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 Sahara 4xe
😂😂😂you misread! What we experienced is that the 4xe had the “neck snap” off the line. But that’s it. Put a Wrangler 4xe next to a 392 XR, and all the 4xe is going to see all the way to top speed and the 1/4 mile is 392 taillights 😂😂😂. And then the 4xe will suck at resale when the owner decides to move on😜😜🍻
Resale sucking is highly unlikely in the average time a person has a car of 3-5 years because the warranty is 10 years. The 4xe will have the same resale value as most jeeps in that time period.

The 392 could be argued as a collectible but then it really means that it's low miles, nearly stock, and not rashed which for a jeep sounds boring.

As for fuel savings, there 4xe is not more expensive that a similarly optioned Rubicon or Sahara when the 7500 is factored in. In most cases it's actually cheaper. You can get a less optioned Rubicon or Sahara for less, but apples to apples they're more or less even. If you fit the 4xe use case of lots of short trips with an hour or 2 to charge every 20 miles the savings are substantial and easily off set any resale value and then some.
Sponsored

Ten4Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited / 2023 Jeep 392 XR
Resale sucking is highly unlikely in the average time a person has a car of 3-5 years because the warranty is 10 years. The 4xe will have the same resale value as most jeeps in that time period.

The 392 could be argued as a collectible but then it really means that it's low miles, nearly stock, and not rashed which for a jeep sounds boring.

As for fuel savings, there 4xe is not more expensive that a similarly optioned Rubicon or Sahara when the 7500 is factored in. In most cases it's actually cheaper. You can get a less optioned Rubicon or Sahara for less, but apples to apples they're more or less even. If you fit the 4xe use case of lots of short trips with an hour or 2 to charge every 20 miles the savings are substantial and easily off set any resale value and then some.
Great points but I disagree. MANY will not want a used 4xe regardless of warranty as it seems FCA service doesn’t have adequate techs to address the issues. I wouldn’t touch a used 4xe, except at a healthy discount!! And the 392, with the 6.4 and 8-spd drivetrain, will not have to be pristine to retain its value….it just needs to be scarce. Which is precisely what will happen if it’s discontinued, as so many sources are reporting 😉

Naylia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Great points but I disagree. MANY will not want a used 4xe regardless of warranty as it seems FCA service doesn’t have adequate techs to address the issues. I wouldn’t touch a used 4xe, except at a healthy discount!! And the 392, with the 6.4 and 8-spd drivetrain, will not have to be pristine to retain its value….it just needs to be scarce. Which is precisely what will happen if it’s discontinued, as so many sources are reporting 😉
How dare you get rid of your Jeep! Sacrilege!

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I disagree as from what I’m seeing, there is possibility that the 6.4 and other hearty V8s may become scarce, which would make them coveted by folks who still want that experience. I think of all the wranglers, the 4xe is going to have the lowest resale value, especially in a few years when the “26-mile” electric range becomes a joke compared to upcoming tech. 392 will be kind of a rare “collector” status, as where the 4xe will quickly become “old news”! Especially if a JLU “Magneto” emerges😉
I'm not comparing the 4xe to the 392 for them to be "collector's items".
I'm saying that if you drive the 392 the way it should be. It won't be anything special in 20 or 25 years. You literally need to roll it into a barn, tarp it and go buy a Corolla. But you could do that with any niche vehicle and make money.

The 392 is nice, but it's really nothing special nor even that rare.
Don't get me wrong, I would best on it like a red headed step child if I owned one and you couldn't punch the smile off my face. Oddly enough though, I get that same smile in almost any vehicle I drive.

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
lol you keep throwing around "MANY", yet the only thing you know about the Wrangler is from your wife riding shotgun, and comparing it to her Maxima, and that is on the off chance you actually drove a 4xe, or even have a wife.

Sponsored

Ten4Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How dare you get rid of your Jeep! Sacrilege!
😂😂😂 Love this!!! I’ve never owned a wrangler before and I’m really hoping the one I have on order will be so much fun that I will keep it forever!!!!

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I agree! I’ve seen quite a few gas price fluctuations over the years. Each time prices have taken a steep incline, it feels like the end of the world. I’m not running scared and ordered a 392 😂😂. Hopefully, this is just another economic cycle and we can enjoy another spell of cheap US fuel prices to invigorate some more V8 madness!!!!!
The Charger and Challenger have been discontinued. Your "V8 madness" is only going to be happening on a PlayStation soon.

Bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-pristine ones wont be bringing the value until the pristine ones actually are scarce, so 10-15 years after they stop making them maybe. As for tech's, no idea where you're getting the info that "they dont have techs to properly diagnose." The plugin hybrid power train isnt new, its been around for years in the pacifica, and by 2025 every jeep model will offer a 4xe, so this whole "no techs" is more of the anti-electrification BS lol.

Ten4Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lol you keep throwing around "MANY", yet the only thing you know about the Wrangler is from your wife riding shotgun, and comparing it to her Maxima, and that is on the off chance you actually drove a 4xe, or even have a wife.
🤦‍♂️

Sponsored

Bmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2012 JK, 2011 WK2 5.7
Most people “pay a premium” up front over the cost of a regular wrangler to have a 4xe, which negates any fuel savings😂😂😂, even after govt rebate!...
So nobody should get a 4xe because the 392 is quicker and the 4xe fuel savings is nil? OK. 4xe has no balls after 30mph? :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: . I'd say the cojones don't really feel like they're working UNTIL 30mph all the way to 97-99mph; the 4xe charges like a small plane at take off and the 392 is a little step above that.

Some of us can do the math and couldn't care less that 4xe fuel savings will vary greatly depending on use; sure it may not be as great as envisioned vs a Prius but a 4xe is certainly worlds better than the 392 in comparison. Speaking of the math, the 4xe Rubi is/was a cheaper buy than a regular Rubi when optioned the exact same way (i.e. upgrades like LED lights, for example) and significantly less than a 392. Insurance on a 392 might bite some folks, too.

So the 392 is a quicker. You bet. Yippee. It damn well should be for the weight penalty on the front end and the fuel cost penalty in the wallet to show a 4xe tail lights ~1/2 block ahead at the end of a 1/4 mile run. If one seeks impressive 0-60 and 1/4 mile times, there are far better options out there. It must be a big suck when all that 392 Wrangler fun has to stop at 99mph...it'd be funny to watch one being passed up by a Camry in the fast lane of an interstate after a lot of acceleration showboating.

Some people like that the 4xe rides/handles better, a LOT better, than a regular JL and even better than that compared to the 392. Off road or on road, I'd much rather have the fabulous 50/50 weight distribution of the 4xe. But that shouldn't be a factor, should it?

Ten4Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-pristine ones wont be bringing the value until the pristine ones actually are scarce, so 10-15 years after they stop making them maybe. As for tech's, no idea where you're getting the info that "they dont have techs to properly diagnose." The plugin hybrid power train isnt new, its been around for years in the pacifica, and by 2025 every jeep model will offer a 4xe, so this whole "no techs" is more of the anti-electrification BS lol.
Sorry, You are wrong on all accounts. You must live under a rock. Remove your blinders and look at all the posts of those who are hesitant to buy a 4xe for the lack of service support. Dealership Service Departments are discouraging buyers from buying the 4xe until the tech gets better 🤷‍♂️ Don’t shoot the messenger 🫣

Ten4Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So nobody should get a 4xe because the 392 is quicker and the 4xe fuel savings is nil? OK. 4xe has no balls after 30mph? :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: . I'd say the cojones don't really feel like they're working UNTIL 30mph all the way to 97-99mph; the 4xe charges like a small plane at take off and the 392 is a little step above that.

Some of us can do the math and couldn't care less that 4xe fuel savings will vary greatly depending on use; sure it may not be as great as envisioned vs a Prius but a 4xe is certainly worlds better than the 392 in comparison. Speaking of the math, the 4xe Rubi is/was a cheaper buy than a regular Rubi when optioned the exact same way (i.e. upgrades like LED lights, for example) and significantly less than a 392. Insurance on a 392 might bite some folks, too.

So the 392 is a quicker. You bet. Yippee. It damn well should be for the weight penalty on the front end and the fuel cost penalty in the wallet to show a 4xe tail lights ~1/2 block ahead at the end of a 1/4 mile run. If one seeks impressive 0-60 and 1/4 mile times, there are far better options out there. It must be a big suck when all that 392 Wrangler fun has to stop at 99mph...it'd be funny to watch one being passed up by a Camry in the fast lane of an interstate after a lot of acceleration showboating.

Some people like that the 4xe rides/handles better, a LOT better, than a regular JL and even better than that compared to the 392. Off road or on road, I'd much rather have the fabulous 50/50 weight distribution of the 4xe. But that shouldn't be a factor, should it?
Wrongo, the 392 XR does not stop it’s fun at 99 mph. You need to read the posts before you spout misinformation. You seem pretty passionate about the 4xe and I apologize if you’ve been offended. I’m just stating my perspective of the 4xe resale value.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

392 will hold its value regardless of mileage. especially in CA where doing a V8 swap aint so easy.

comparing a 392 to a 4xe on resale value ten years from now will be like comparing a gt500 to a V6 mustang.

theres always going to be people who can afford to drive a vehicle that gets 5mpg regardless of how expensive gas is. there's going to be a ton of 4xes out there; 392s not so much. i see 4xe all the time. ive yet to see a 392 in the wild. just at the dealership so far. i see TRX and hellcats all the time. scarcity = $$$

Last edited:

Bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, You are wrong on all accounts. You must live under a rock. Remove your blinders and look at all the posts of those who are hesitant to buy a 4xe for the lack of service support. Dealership Service Departments are discouraging buyers from buying the 4xe until the tech gets better 🤷‍♂️ Don’t shoot the messenger 🫣

Yes yes, the number one selling plugin hybrid in the country for nearly 2 years now is just failing left and right. Thats why this forum and the 4xe forum are just full of issues and people talking about how terrible they are and they are just sitting on lots collecting dust instead of being bought as fast as they can appear on the lot...oh wait lol.
Sponsored