4xe

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Recalls are part of the automotive industry, especially on 1st year runs of new designs. Look at the bronco tops for instance, or the Lexus/Toyota accelerator pedals that actually killed a few people years back. I avoid buying newley designed vehicles for this very well known fact. The manufacturers simply cannot recreate every possible condition in their testing and issues will slip through. Recalls are the way of addressing said issues en mass.

OP
OP

Jean-Pierre

First Name
Jean-Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
Recalls are part of the automotive industry, especially on 1st year runs of new designs. Look at the bronco tops for instance, or the Lexus/Toyota accelerator pedals that actually killed a few people years back. I avoid buying newley designed vehicles for this very well known fact. The manufacturers simply cannot recreate every possible condition in their testing and issues will slip through. Recalls are the way of addressing said issues en mass.
I agree that recalls are part of the business. However, a car going totally dead after only a few months is another issue.
It is also totally unreasonable to wait 3 weeks to get it fixed.

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
I agree that recalls are part of the business. However, a car going totally dead after only a few months is another issue.
I would guess this is probably due to the lead time on one or several of the parts needed for repair. But this is every industry right now. We’re building a new multi purpose facility - according to our contractor, roofing materials typically available within a month of order now have an additional six to eight week delay. Even something mundane like PVC piping has had additional delays in delivery. It’s a frustrating situation for everyone.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
I can't even get parts for my MTB. The world we live in. Thanks COVID.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jean-Pierre

First Name
Jean-Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
I would guess this is probably due to the lead time on one or several of the parts needed for repair. But this is every industry right now. We’re building a new multi purpose facility - according to our contractor, roofing materials typically available within a month of order now have an additional six to eight week delay. Even something mundane like PVC piping has had additional delays in delivery. It’s a frustrating situation for everyone.
The real problem is the Jeep - unusual to have a vehicle going totally dead a few weeks after purchase!
I can't even get parts for my MTB. The world we live in. Thanks COVID.
Did your MTB also came apart after o few months? If so, do like me - get rid of it!

JollieOllie

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Unlimited Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
Move along everybody, nothing to see here...

The first post from this individual and it's a "don't buy" - sigh?!?

Many happy 4xe owners, including myself.

Now why did I bother to respond to this post? Dang, sucked in again. 🤓 :swear:

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
The real problem is the Jeep - unusual to have a vehicle going totally dead a few weeks after purchase!

Did your MTB also came apart after o few months? If so, do like me - get rid of it!
Yes, but I am not the norm here.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Move along everybody, nothing to see here...

The first post from this individual and it's a "don't buy" - sigh?!?

Many happy 4xe owners, including myself.

Now why did I bother to respond to this post? Dang, sucked in again. 🤓 :swear:
It's really kind of ironic. The first few month's production 4xe Jeeps are turning out to be more reliable since they were built before the demand really kicked in and supplies became a problem. Glad I got mine early.

Sponsored

halsjeep

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
My 4xe had a Check engine light. Error code P0A79. Its now day 12 ( business days) at the dealership. New inverter came in 2 days ago. Doesn't look like that fixed the problem. Don't know when I will get it back.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I have a first year JL that's been mostly issue free. I had a squealing diff and my hybrid battery failed (and may be dying again). The dealer bricked my head unit trying to do an update, but that's a 'user error' I can't blame on Jeep/Fiat.

Not bad for the least reliable vehicle in the least reliable brand under the least reliable conglomerate. And my engine was built in Italy! Seems like Tony fixed it right the first time.
Nothing is ever always or never. Every brand has lemons. Every brand has 3-4-500 thousand mile examples out there. Some get lucky, some don’t. We’ve gotten over 200k miles out of 2 Jeep 4.0’s, an AMC 360, and a 4.7L v8 in various Jeep vehicles without major issues (Aside from self inflected trail damage). My experience doesn’t mean every Jeep will make 200k trouble free any more than the OP’s experience means every 4xe is destined to break down.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
One of our local Jeep salespersons who has owned Wranglers for as long as I can recall just got a 4xe.

They refuse to sell one to customers because of nothing but problems with it.

Of course, they haven't received any Wranglers in the 18 weeks since I ordered mine.

Bmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2012 JK, 2011 WK2 5.7
There's always the Bronco...I'd considered one. A buddy of mine bought, er, "ordered" a Bronco because its mfr is so...um...reliable. My one month-plus old 4xe Rubi has been perfect and beyond expectations. I'm enjoying the heck out of the 4xe Rubi while my buddy can only do this......
Jeep Wrangler JL Think twice before buying a 4xe 1634924150377
Sponsored