Sponsored

Think I dropped a dime in the windshield defrost vent.

islandjeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'85 Cherokee, '91 Jeep YJ
Vehicle Showcase
I had a Jeep YJ back in the '90s. I lost my wallet (thinner wallet that carried about 4 cards) and should have cancelled my credit cards, etc. Was in college so not much to cancel and I procrastinated. One month later, hit a pothole and something drops out of the heater vent by my feet. I almost crashed the jeep since I thought it was something alive (soft top - allowed anything in that wanted to get in). Turned out to be my wallet and I remembered that I had put it on the dash - must have gone into the windshield defrost vent and made its way through all the heater ducts before dropping out.

It was like hitting the jackpot! The one armed bandit was my YJ! For anyone who drove a manual back then, you'll remember how long the throw was on that stick. Imagine a thin metal rod that goes from elbow height all the way to the floor of your jeep. Driving that thing was like a work out to go from first to second to third.

View attachment 301045

Good luck and don't be surprised if you do hit the jackpot when hitting a pothole and something drops out of the heater vents by your feet!

46005-46006-46009_10.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Nikko2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '21 4R TRDP, '21 Supra, '13 LR4, '72 442
Vehicle Showcase
Made me think of Tommy Boy when the M&M's spill down the defrost vent ... "I think you'll be okay here, they have a thin candy shell. 'Surprised you didn't know that"!

Sponsored

gm920

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR Billet Silver
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Retired)
Not sure if I want to bother trying to get it out, I tried to look for it from outside, but don't see it.

Maybe this weekend, I'll dig through the service CD and see what is involved in getting in deeper.

Anyone ever do this? Or other items?
No comment about the dime, but what is this about a "service CD"?

OP
OP
TimmH

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
No comment about the dime, but what is this about a "service CD"?
CD version of the service manual purchased online.

Ttaylor

First Name
Terez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2020 Sahara
I dropped a Bobby pin the other day. It rattled around and then settled and I haven't heard it since. I'm hoping it found somewhere safe to live.
Sponsored