Sponsored

Things you have learned the Hard way about owning a Jeep.

csspar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Make sure you and your significant other are strong (and tall) enough to put the RTT on the Jeep without help. Ours is stuck up there for now...

I should build some kind of contraption to help get it down maybe.
Sponsored

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I have a lifted JLUR. It rides way better than stock. Not just a little bit. Way better. If for one second you think that a lifted Jeep can not ride better than a stock Jeep, you are doing something wrong. I run a Rancho lift with adjustable shocks. With the shocks adjusted to the soft setting, and running 26 psi in my 37 in Cooper Stt Pro tires; the Jeep rides like a nice passenger car. It literately feels like it floats over the rough roads here in Michigan. Pot holes, and frost heaves disappear. I imagine if I pump the tires up to 37 psi, the ride would be a bit stiffer, but at 26psi and the shocks set to soft, might as well be driving around on a pillow.

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
I learned, the hard way, that after putting on wider wheels and tires, pulling into the garage the first time isn’t the same as it used to be, width wise.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
If you read the comments and how it devolves into first grade banter (and I am being generous with the first grade determination). All that is missing is "I am rubber and you are glue and whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you"!
I think you missed the joke: look at his handle.

Sponsored

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I think you missed the joke: look at his handle.
Thanks for pointing that out, I obviously missed it. Good to know he is a Jeep enthusiast.

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 7.19.18 AM.png

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Make sure you and your significant other are strong (and tall) enough to put the RTT on the Jeep without help. Ours is stuck up there for now...

I should build some kind of contraption to help get it down maybe.
lol i know this exact problem. i just lifted my jeep while i had the tent off so i can get good numbers on the lift height. went to go camping last weekend and damn it took for ever to get the RTT back on with help from a couple taller buddies. that was rough

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
I’ve learned that my general impression of Jeep owners as a group of hardy, rugged, manly men (not you ladies) before I owned a Jeep was all wrong, and that we are as a group much more sensitive to criticisms or perceived slights about our beloved Jeeps than most communities that love a particular vehicle. Jeep owners feelings get bruised like a grape if you point out any legitimate flaws of the Wrangler. I’m not affected by it (yet) and am learning to take it in stride.

Also that “topless season” does not apply to the part of Texas where I live unless you’re cool with arriving everywhere smelly, and drenched head to toe in sweat.
Good point CT. It is also hot and humid here in Alabama. Arrive at destination, sweaty, (sunburnt/bald), and hot.

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
Not all winch's work with the Mopar Steel Bumper. Good thing I have more than one Jeep.

jespey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR White; 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
After buying my wife’s first Jeep in 2010, we upgraded to a 2013. In 2015 she decided she liked the Mini Countryman, so we traded in her Jeep. Three years later, we both mentioned how much we missed the Jeep. Bought a 2018 JK as our weekend fun car, then upgraded to a 2018 JL. In 2019, the Mini started hurting her hips, but the JL wasn’t quite practical enough as her daily driver, so we traded her Mini and the JL for a 2020 JLU Sport. Perfect. Two months later she said “our next Jeep needs to be a Rubicon”. I got a hard on. We traded my BMW for her 2020 JLUR, and I now drive the JLUS. Two Jeep family now. Perfect.

So I learned the hard way, once you buy a Jeep, never, never be without at least one.

Sponsored

KrispyKotex

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Rubicon Snazzberry
Occupation
USN Submariner (ret), IT Analyst/Network Engineer
I’ve learned that life is too short not to enjoy it while you are here. If you want a mod and can afford it, do it. If others don’t like your mod, that’s their issue...... but those angry Jeep grills.......”Oh, Dissen Gonna Be Messy. Me No Watch'n!" - Jar Jar Binks

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
I’ve learned that life is too short not to enjoy it while you are here. If you want a mod and can afford it, do it. If others don’t like your mod, that’s their issue...... but those angry Jeep grills.......”Oh, Dissen Gonna Be Messy. Me No Watch'n!" - Jar Jar Binks
True story. Put away enough money for tomorrow, but don't forget to live today. Make your Jeep yours. No matter what you do there will be others that like it and others that hate it. So do what you want.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I’ve learned that life is too short not to enjoy it while you are here.
I agree so much with this. Let's face it, for most people a jeep is not the most practical vehicle to own. But man is it fun in so many different ways, and there are no limits to customizing it to make it feel special.

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
I agree so much with this. Let's face it, for most people a jeep is not the most practical vehicle to own. But man is it fun in so many different ways, and there are no limits to customizing it to make it feel special.
In my eyes, driving around town with the top off, the doors off and the windshield folded down is almost as much fun as running the trails. I need to run trails with the Jeep nakkid, but I dread the two days of cleaning afterwards.

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
Things I learned today: taking the soft top down is relatively easy. Putting it back, especially that rear window? Bloody hell.
once it gets taken on and off a few times it loosens up. Also, depends on the temperature if its really cold is hard to get the 2 bottom tabs in
Sponsored