Sponsored

Things you have learned the Hard way about owning a Jeep.

bbq4133

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Granite Crystal 6MT
I hated putting the top back on in the beginning but now got used to it. Try putting the doors back on without any door guides. They make putting the soft top windows back on a walk on the park!
I’m simply too spent from this today lmao. I’m headed to the beach in early September and the plan is to take the doors off then. Here’s hoping!!!
Sponsored

bbq4133

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Granite Crystal 6MT
Get these. You will thank me later esp if you are a first timer on a Jeep like me: https://www.amazon.com/DEF-Guides-B...00H0Q9QNTXGW&refRID=KEHGN6GG00H0Q9QNTXGW&th=1
Also recommend getting Door Hinge Mounted Mirrors to keep the Jeep Road Legal. Don't know about your state but NY State requires at least two out of three mirrors on the Jeep if the doors are off in order to drive it on the road. If you have kids in the car that are sitting in a car seat, the rear two doors must stay on in NY state for safety reasons.

These footpegs are also good for the doorless experience. I got two sets as I have a four door: https://www.extremeterrain.com/smittybilt-xrc-footpegs-8717-jeep.html
Appreciate both bits and pieces of advice. I didn’t even think about the task of realigning until you mentioned it. Will be grabbing all of this stuff posthaste!

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
2. Jeep soft top may flutter a lot in Cat 1 Hurricane Winds or lower but it will not get ripped off unless its higher than a Cat 1. It is however still scary.
did you figured that out on this past tropical storm we just had.

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
I escaped disaster yesterday. When you ask Alexa if it’s going to rain and she says, “no,” she doesn’t know what she’s talking about. I was going to drive my topless JL out to dinner last night, but saw lots of heavy grey clouds outside, so we took the wife’s JL (top on). Twenty minutes after arriving to dinner the rain came down in buckets. Don’t believe Alexa.
Whoa, I think you just achieved guru status. You challenged Alexa and won. That is almost as mind boggling as when Johnny accepted the devils fiddle challenge in Georgia.

Sponsored

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Nah, it's just the "Brosquatch" edition, gotta compete with Ford.
Bro squat challenge edition. Awesome. I assumed it was the Doominator model. But I see it has additional feature of repealing women.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i learned its not a good idea to laugh my ass off when my buddy is getting wet getting in or out of my jeep when its raining. or bitch about me not having power locks or windows when he have to do it himself. how ever, after riding in the jeep he loves it and would consider in getting one.

Last edited:

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
Your post is like 6 paragraphs of "JEEPS ARE FOR PEOPLE LIKE ME. IF YOU ARENT LIKE ME GO BUY A PRIUS!"

Edit: Jeepoch your jeep is nice.

Facebook's watch video feed makes me laugh. They keep trying to push a conservative agenda so hard lol. Then again I'm pretty sure someone will respond to this and inform me that they're offended that their fb feed keeps pushing a liberal agenda, so there's that. Maybe they just wanna push conflict. Whatever it is.
@Kyanche,

You have taken my quote a little out of context. That statement was not specific to my Jeep but rather an opposing opinion to a lifted Jeep. My position was that anyone who wants to lift their rig is not in any way different from those that don't (and certainly not full of shit for wanting to). I was only trying to describe the soft squishy ride of a stock suspension. Certainly a base stock Wrangler is infinitesimally better than the highest trim level Prius. Poor comparison I admit.

However, I do concede your point.
I am very happy with both the look and feel of my rig that it's hard for me to ever consider going back to anything stock. I may consider going back to my stock Michelin 245/75R17s in a pinch but never without the lift. To me, the lift makes the Jeep so much better. For others maybe not so much.

But you are spot on. Every Jeeper believes their setup is the best. Yes me included. However, I do indeed wish I had the budget for a Rubi. Life is one long line of compromises. However, I'm indeed happy with what I have, and I'm living the dream even if it is without lockers.

To all fellow Jeepers, enjoy your Wrangler whether stock, Sport or otherwise. Enjoy your Journey whether on or off the pavement. And above all appreciate all the different opinions in how to approach it.

Thank you so much for pointing this out. The people here are way more important than the equipment.

Jay

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Yes. It hung on like a champ in 70MPH winds but was still uncomfortable to look at
its better to look at then driving in it. i've driven in 70mph wind (not in a jeep).not exactly fun when crap is flying all over the place.

Sponsored

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
My JKUS had highway tires and my JLUR has M/Ts with slightly taller side walls... I thought with the JL's supposedly better road manners, I'd at least not notice a difference but I was wrong.

I'm a lot more careful when I'm going around corners now because I've ended up on the wrong lane a few times.

Tires matter as much or more than anything that comes from the factory.

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Things I learned today: taking the soft top down is relatively easy. Putting it back, especially that rear window? Bloody hell.
I haven't tried my softtop on yet but can't you keep the rear window on when you fold it like you could with the JKs?

Aesikidesi

First Name
Rubin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUA / RUFICON
Occupation
Data Analyst / IT Data Recovery
Vehicle Showcase
I have noticed that some people can be sensitive, but also don't handle sarcasm well either. The primary issue is that people have strong opinions and are will to share them, which is good. As an example, when people put on an angry grill and ask for opinions and then get upset when some people (informal poll shows 86.7%) don't like them.

Go on a Facebook group and watch the complete meltdowns over this exact issue. It devolves into almost a Neanderthal level of intelligence and reasoning, but I can't stop reading. I mean look at the images of this Gladiator is selling after determining they weren't a Jeep person. It is a train wreck beyond any known proportion and I can't help but wonder what the hell was going on in this persons head!!

D6E72F91-2981-4F62-93A2-3A9A9109D68C.jpeg

AC1FD031-19B0-4F96-B485-8A6CD770C25D.jpeg

IMG_9200.jpeg
Jeez apocalypse much......lol.

Forestdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6 Speed
I should have ordered a dual top package from the start. Now I'm wanting a hardtop and realizing just how much more expensive it is going to be.
Sponsored