Sponsored

Things you have learned the Hard way about owning a Jeep.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I’ve learned that my general impression of Jeep owners as a group of hardy, rugged, manly men (not you ladies) before I owned a Jeep was all wrong, and that we are as a group much more sensitive to criticisms or perceived slights about our beloved Jeeps than most communities that love a particular vehicle. Jeep owners feelings get bruised like a grape if you point out any legitimate flaws of the Wrangler. I’m not affected by it (yet) and am learning to take it in stride.

Also that “topless season” does not apply to the part of Texas where I live unless you’re cool with arriving everywhere smelly, and drenched head to toe in sweat.
I have noticed that some people can be sensitive, but also don't handle sarcasm well either. The primary issue is that people have strong opinions and are will to share them, which is good. As an example, when people put on an angry grill and ask for opinions and then get upset when some people (informal poll shows 86.7%) don't like them.

Go on a Facebook group and watch the complete meltdowns over this exact issue. It devolves into almost a Neanderthal level of intelligence and reasoning, but I can't stop reading. I mean look at the images of this Gladiator is selling after determining they weren't a Jeep person. It is a train wreck beyond any known proportion and I can't help but wonder what the hell was going on in this persons head!!

D6E72F91-2981-4F62-93A2-3A9A9109D68C.jpeg

AC1FD031-19B0-4F96-B485-8A6CD770C25D.jpeg

IMG_9200.jpeg

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I have noticed that some people can be sensitive, but also don't handle sarcasm well either. The primary issue is that people have strong opinions and are will to share them, which is good. As an example, when people put on an angry grill and ask for opinions and then get upset when some people (informal poll shows 86.7%) don't like them.

Go on a Facebook group and watch the complete meltdowns over this exact issue. It devolves into almost a Neanderthal level of intelligence and reasoning, but I can't stop reading. I mean look at the images of this Gladiator is selling after determining they weren't a Jeep person. It is a train wreck beyond any known proportion and I can't help but wonder what the hell was going on in this persons head!!

Jeep Wrangler JL Things you have learned the Hard way about owning a Jeep. IMG_9200

Jeep Wrangler JL Things you have learned the Hard way about owning a Jeep. IMG_9200

Wowza! They must be an intense fan of Death Race....

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
There are many things to learn about owning a Jeep that you will never learn while owning a different vehicle. Share your experience here.

So, I learned something new yesterday. If you have the top off, the doors off and fold down your windshield and then try and drink hot coffee out of an open cup... In my case a Styrofoam cup, the hot coffee will blow all over your face, sunglasses and into your hair (if you have hair) while driving. Thank God, I had sunglasses on or I would have had hot coffee scalding my eye balls.

Lesson learned.........
I learned the hard way years ago what JEEP really stands for and it hold true to this day....Just Empty Ever Pocket

Sponsored

Punk'n Willy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU 3.6L Punk'n Willys
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Vehicle Showcase

WTF did he do to that thing!!!! This dude put a f'in antenna mount on the driver side FOR LOOKS!?!?!?!?! Might as well drive it to the salvage yard and just put it out of its misery.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
That is error #1.

Error #2 is reading youtube comments.

Errors #3 through 78 was the Gladiator you posted though as they say, "there's a butt for every seat."
I go on to help newbies to Jeeps. I also almost always provide a link to this forum so they can get a higher quality of assistance and knowledge.

Regarding Facebook posts about "what do you think of this add-on", I read for pure entertainment.

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I go on to help newbies to Jeeps. I also almost always provide a link to this forum so they can get a higher quality of assistance and knowledge.

Regarding Facebook posts about "what do you think of this add-on", I read for pure entertainment.
Honestly, Jeep people are fairly tame in my opinion with the add on stuff. My other car is a Honda S2000, you can't believe the ricey shit people post up wanting to add to their cars. Jeepers are a model of tasteful restraint by comparison.

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I've learned that more time spent on this forum and watching Jeep YouTube programs leads to large mod-peppered credit card bills :LOL:
Boy if that ain't the truth. I think I have spent thousands on stuff that until I watched Youtube and was on this forum, I never knew I needed.

Fridge slide and rear interior cargo basket in route......Just over $500. Yea I need that. NEED it.

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
It is a train wreck beyond any known proportion and I can't help but wonder what the hell was going on in this persons head!!
Mad Max?

Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

i have learned that when i feel like i want something for my Jeep I let my Girl drive it and wait tell she complains about that problem and then i get her with the.... well you said i couldn't do any more mods or upgrades....and then Bam 100% permission granted.. hahah starting to work her on some rubi take off axles. 4.10 gears and lockers here we come! well maybe for Christmas from Santa

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Let’s see...
  1. I learned to never drive my lifted Jeep into a parking garage with the CB antenna on
  2. One or two guys in the entire group have your best interest at heart when they stand in front to spot you. About 1/2 of the guys have no clue how to spot and are more concerned about running out of beer; the rest just want to see some carnage. I learned it’s important to spot the good “spotters” in the group early on in the weekend and ignore the rest.
  3. I learned that every Jeep owner that claims his lifted rig with huge tires “rides and drives better than stock” is full of shit.

InsulinMan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase

This is someone playing GTA V who has unlimited money and buys every possible add-on without reason. My goodness.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I’ve learned that my general impression of Jeep owners as a group of hardy, rugged, manly men (not you ladies) before I owned a Jeep was all wrong, and that we are as a group much more sensitive to criticisms or perceived slights about our beloved Jeeps than most communities that love a particular vehicle.
Ya know what really bugs me? One of those "drove into a crowd of protesters" pictures was a really nice bikini wrangler. Worse. I think that happened twice!

I hope they don't get a reputation for being the kinda vehicle that those kinda people drive. X_X It's funny because my other favorite car has a reputation of being a "drug dealer car" and it never really bothered me.
Sponsored