Things you have learned the Hard way about owning a Jeep.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Lesson learned a few months ago:

With the top down, and two young daughters in the back seat:
Don't drive under a low hanging branch of a tree that has a huge insect ball in it.
It shakes the branch and causes thousands of small black beatles to rain down on your daughters like confetti. And thus begins the hour long effort to get them all out of the jeep again before said daughters were willing to get back in. (I almost left them out there!)
I'm sure your ears are still ringing from the screaming.

Advertisement

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Not going as high with as big of a tire as originally wanting/needing is my biggest lesson learned so far.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T, 2013 Ram Longhorn 2500, 2008 JK Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
It’s very hard to keep all the girls away. It’s embarrassing. I’m married and my wife is not amused. But I can’t help it. With the Jeep, I look like I’m a 6’3”, 25 year old with a 30” waist and 44” chest And a full head of brown hair. I don’t know what to do about this problem.
Eventually time will take care of those "problems" or the wife will do some psychiatric work to help you through your crisis!!!

Chocolate Thunder

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Not going as high with as big of a tire as originally wanting/needing is my biggest lesson learned so far.
I was told from the outset to get a 3” lift and 37s. I didn’t listen. I got a 2” lift and 35s. Guess what I had to buy and install twice?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I was told from the outset to get a 3” lift and 37s. I didn’t listen. I got a 2” lift and 35s. Guess what I had to buy and install twice?
A lesson that cost me about $4k, not including the cost of the upgraded factory wheels that I thought would run the distance. Lesson learned!

HardSell

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
It’s very hard to keep all the girls away.
Add a Breaking Bad Tshirt, lose the girls, but then all the 12 and 13 year old boys will think you're the coolest guy since YAFL!

sourdough

First Name
Ben
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR dingy, Ram3500 diesel 4x4 Tiger RV
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
union sheet metal worker (retired 2008)
Vehicle Showcase
Water covers 71% of the earth, Jeep covers the rest and is not a vessel.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport (JL) 3.6L V6 Auto 2 door
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
How do you like it? I've been thinking of biting that bullet. Do you hook up to your battery or did you wire up a way to power it without opening your hood?
I ended up moving the compressor that came in the CKMTP12 portable kit to under the front passenger seat. I kept the case and accessories, and sold the air tank.

ARB Dual Compressor relocated…finally
https://donmontalvo.com/2020/12/10/arb-dual-compressor-relocated-finally/

I'm extremely happy with it, both before as a portable unit, and now as a hard mounted unit.

If I had to do it again, I'd have bought the hard mount CKMTA12, same model but no case and no tank, and a few hundred cheaper.

The only thing faster would be CO2, didn't want to go down that route, since you'll depend on refills. Though some folks swear by it. :)

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler unlimited sport
when rehooking up the battery cables on the small battery triple check to make sure your hooking the damn thing up right.

Advertisement

WheelsASAP

Advertisement