DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, so we've seen some great pics over the last week, both of the exterior, and of the dash, with glimpses of the rest of the interior. There are still a few things we need to see up close, or need to know about. I'll put my first couple here and then feel free to add other aspects of the JL you'd like to see.

1. Rubicon black cloth seats. I'd like to see them up close, see the texture, and see if they have "Rubicon" stitched on them. I hope they look good. I don't want to have to spend the money to upgrade to leather. I much prefer cloth on a Jeep.

2. The manual transmission. Who makes it, and what model is it?

3. Back seats and floor area (leg room).

Admin, please fetch us some pics and info!
Sponsored

freegld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
While these pics have been a nice teaser, I actually want the rest to be revealed on the 29th.

Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Ok, so we've seen some great pics over the last week, both of the exterior, and of the dash, with glimpses of the rest of the interior. There are still a few things we need to see up close, or need to know about. I'll put my first couple here and then feel free to add other aspects of the JL you'd like to see.

1. Rubicon black cloth seats. I'd like to see them up close, see the texture, and see if they have "Rubicon" stitched on them. I hope they look good. I don't want to have to spend the money to upgrade to leather. I much prefer cloth on a Jeep.

2. The manual transmission. Who makes it, and what model is it?

3. Back seats and floor area (leg room).

Admin, please fetch us some pics and info!

- Agreed on the manual transmission, anxious on that.

4. Engine specs on the hurricane and diesel, my mind is made up already but I know lots are still waiting.

5. Selec-TracM, new like the NP242? Only in the Sahara? Pretty sure I know the answer here, but since I don’t think its confirmed so I’m holding out hope.

Revelation17

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Corvette; '19 JLRU (Manual, Firecracker red)
Occupation
slave for "the man"
Vehicle Showcase
Final JLU soft top window alignment.
Real life paint colors.
Available dash colors.
Manual trans gets another vote.
Does steel rear bumper have a tire carrier option.
I’m sure there’s more I’m forgetting

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Final JLU soft top window alignment.
Real life paint colors.
Available dash colors.
Manual trans gets another vote.
Does steel rear bumper have a tire carrier option.
I’m sure there’s more I’m forgetting
The tailgate gets a reinforced tire mount option for larger/heavier tires, but I have heard nothing about a tire carrier option for the steel rear bumper. It would make sense, though.

Sponsored

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
The tailgate gets a reinforced tire mount option for larger/heavier tires, but I have heard nothing about a tire carrier option for the steel rear bumper. It would make sense, though.
Could someone please 'splain to me what a tire carrier option for the steel rear bumper is? Sadly, I don't know what you're talking about.

(I also don't know what D1 status is.)

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
The current 2017 JK has an option for a reinforced tire mount, but I haven't seen this option on the 2018 JL order forms. Does this mean it comes standard, or not an option at all?

If it comes standard why did there appear to be a MOPAR tire mount on the wall of parts at the SEMA show?

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I am absolutely dying to know all the technical details of the BSG system in the Turbo so I can decide whether I want it in the V6.

It's keeping me up at night, and I know I'm crazy.

Bluerhino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2005 Porsche 911 S
Waiting and waiting to see the non-removable top with power sliding soft top and removable rear quarter windows. Is that not “the” single biggest change coming with the JL. First ever non-removable top and first power slider....no? Does the rear glass stay in place....how large is the roof opening....
Sponsored