Adieu_

First Name
Novv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Hi all,

I am going to visit few dealerships to look at their used JL inventory (for my first Wrangler),
and I was wondering if there are any specific things I should consider and check on the vehicles.
I've been reading a lot of threads here to study but I want to make sure I don't miss anything before purchasing.

I'd appreciate any insight.
Thanks for your help!
Sponsored

BenDiem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 991.2TT; 23 EVO RWD
Occupation
US Gov’t Contractor & Gym Rat
I’ll give u my two cents.
If u r looking at purchasing a used JL, as u state, and u plan to finance it, I would only look at buying/ordering a new one.
Resale values r strong on JL Wranglers right now, due to the fact JLs are still relatively new, so u will be paying close to what you would pay for a new one.
Bear in mind, finance rates (APR) are typically higher on used vehicles, so that closes the gap on financing on a new Wrangler, as well.
Dealers generally order loaded vehicles, which increases their profit margins.
Order a new Wrangler w/just the necessities you need, and you will save yourself a lot of coin, i.e., ordering a Sport over a Willys or Rubicon, for example.
In light of the above, look at the dealer’s inventory and see what they have. Compare each model with options of what u actually need. Rule with ur head, not ur heart.
This generally applies to all models...
GL/Cheers,
B

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
I agree with everything BENDIEM said. However, if you do decide to go the used route you definetly have to get under the Jeep with a flashlight and look around. Look for scratches/dings/dents on everything under there. It isn't like your buying a used civic. You have to verify the Jeep you are looking at wasn't beaten up on a trail by somebody that didn't know what they were doing. Aside from that, take it for a test drive and look for the usual stuff.
Sponsored