Things that surprised you about the JL

Gengispecan

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door jl Rubicon
Oh yeah definitely, I’m down for that. I was a little worried about pushing down on the soft top though- didn’t someone bend their bars doing that? Or was that from trying to lower it without pulling the release handle? I just don’t want to force anything and break something. I’m always suspicious of soft tops’ durability.
Haven't had an issue so far. I'll take a picture after work. I just strap them between the front windshield hinges. Nothing crazy, just enough to keep them from bouncing and blocking my view. It probably sits about 4 inches or so below the tire carrier brake light. I bought these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00575600W/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_uZS7CbE34X247
Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Haven't had an issue so far. I'll take a picture after work. I just strap them between the front windshield hinges. Nothing crazy, just enough to keep them from bouncing and blocking my view. It probably sits about 4 inches or so below the tire carrier brake light. I bought these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00575600W/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_uZS7CbE34X247
I have the same straps and use them in the same place—works great and really helps with visibility out the back.

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
I use a magnetic advertisement. It's thin and about the size of a business card. Just place behind the hinge where the wrench will touch the paint.
G
I use a magnetic advertisement. It's thin and about the size of a business card. Just place behind the hinge where the wrench will touch the paint.
Great area that's even better !

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
As a buyer of one of the earliest '18s to hit lots, I'm surprised how reliable my Wrangler has been. I've owned three JKs and every single one had a litany of issues well before 10k miles. I haven't had a single problem or CEL with my JL and I'm almost at 28k with dozens of wheeling trips beneath its belt.

xtopherm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella 2019 JLUR
Absolutely hate where they moved reverse to in the manual (next to first instead of far right away from first.) It is so easy now to not realize you are in reverse instead of first. I have had several instances of nearly reversing off a cliff, up side of ravine and nearly flipping over, numerous cars nearly backed into like at a gas station...
Are you habitually pulling up the ring below the shifter knob every time you shift? The purpose of lifting that ring is to open the gate to the reverse slot. If you don’t lift it, you cannot get it into reverse. So stop lifting it except when you want reverse and, voila, problem solved.

Sponsored

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I'm surprised at how bad it steers. I'm even more surprised that Jeep hasn't fixed it yet.

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Limited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
How tall the Rubicon sits, I came from a Silverado and when I pull next to pickups and I am even or taller, it's always a shock, considering this thing fits in my little underground parking ramp!
Sponsored