First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Having the mirrors separate from the doors, so you don’t have to buy mirrors for when you install tube doors and/or when you take the doors off completely.
Why would you want that, unless you live where it's not legal to run without side mirrors? Having no side mirrors is a benefit.
Sponsored

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
About the only thing I "like" from the current Bronco is the interior width. Seems more spacious. Outside of that the only pros would be possibly the top dash USB port, larger touch screen, tailgate swing degree. Oh and engines, the Wrangler needs a new power-plant and hopefully the I6TT is it.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The soft top??? LoL, the current one is a love to hate it thing. It is quiet, quieter than the JL soft top, but the design isn't as air tight as the JL top and cold air leaks in on the sides. Though so far, here in the rainy PNW, I gotta say, it doesn't leak.

Honest question. Have you measured the sound in db? I've read several articles about excessive noise. The db measurements I've seen posted reflect the Jeep is quieter:

Example taken from B6G
2021 4 door Big Bend
50mph: 64-65db
70mph: 71-72db

2021 4 door (Soft top) Jeep
50mph 64-65db
70mph 69-70db

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
I don't get this. Why not compare the Jeep larger engine to the 2.7L? Why pick and choose an engine that has less power when Jeep offers four engines and Ford offers two. You certainly could pick the standard 2.3L from Ford and compare it to the "standard" engine in the Jeep.

6.4L, 3.6L, 3.0L, 2.0L, EV...
Why would you compare their 2.7L with the 392?

The 2.7L is an insanely cheaper upgrade at $1800, available on their base model (and even the 2-door) and is pushing over 400TQ.

Their $70k Raptor with the larger 3.0L would be a fairer comparison to the 392. That's why Jeep needs to get their 3.0L i6 S.O. as a Wrangler option asap imo.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Why would you compare their 2.7L with the 392?

The 2.7L is an insanely cheaper upgrade at $1800, available on their base model (and even the 2-door) and is pushing over 400TQ.

Their $70k Raptor with the larger 3.0L would be a fairer comparison to the 392. That's why Jeep needs to get their 3.0L i6 S.O. as a Wrangler option asap imo.
Why would you compare their 2.7L with the 392? I wouldn't.

The 2.7L is a twin-turbo engine. I worked for one of the largest dealer networks in the US. I worked as an extended warranty claims adjuster, handling claims specifically for vehicles that were outside of the normal powertrain warranty. I wouldn't buy a twin-turbo engine if they were only $0.05 more and they were having a 50% off sale. So, the fact it's only $1,800 more doesn't impress me.

Jeep offers an engine with greater than average reliability, with (greater than) adequate power as a no-cost option. The standard 3.6L is the perfect mate to the JL. No reason to compare Raptors, 392 or anything other than base engine to base engine.

Sponsored

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
Marketing.

Ford absolutely nailed it with how the marketed the Bronco. Tons of advertisements, positive preview reviews (basically sponsored content masquerading as reviews), and influencer fluff.

By comparison, Jeep’s marketing team have been absolutely horrid. An year into ownership, and the average person doesn’t know the 4xe is an plug-in hybrid and not just another random trim, or that there is even a factory V8 option.

Also lockers on a base model. This should have been the Willys. Instead we get some stencil decals and a black grille. Yay.

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Full-time Overlander.
No joke. Some of these guys act like you if have something nice to say about the competition, then you must be a hired troll.
Have you ever considered that the reason forum members responded the way that they have is because this dead horse has been beat beyond dead? It is really old subject matter for the active membership.

I reckon 10% of the members are on here everyday, and the next 20% are on here a few times a week. This thread would be new content to the remaining 70% that logon about once every six months. (I pulled these numbers out of my ass, but my point is made.)

Having said all that you bring up some valid points. Points that have been brought up ad nauseam.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Why would you compare their 2.7L with the 392? I wouldn't.
Confused emoji. Maybe I misunderstood, but you said this..

I don't get this. Why not compare the Jeep larger engine to the 2.7L? Why pick and choose an engine that has less power when Jeep offers four engines and Ford offers two.
Whether or not you like turbos or consider them less reliable is mostly irrelevant to @dcmdon 's point that Ford offers their 400TQ 2.7L as a reasonably-priced option, when Jeep offers nothing at all in this particular price/performance segment for the Wrangler.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It was a rhetorical question, a comment on what was posted, not what I would do.

Sponsored

Bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 Sahara 4xe
Having the mirrors separate from the doors, so you don’t have to buy mirrors for when you install tube doors and/or when you take the doors off completely.
If the only way to provide this is to make them stick out as far as the broncos do, no thanks. They're super wide due to being farther forward which requires them to stick further out. Considering how easy it is to carry a pair of small mirrors to stick in the hinges it's not a compromise on style or function I'd want to make.

dcmdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Why not compare base engines? For no money, I get more power with the 3.6L. The 3.6L fits in the "just right" column.
Again, Nope

Wrangler 3.6 Pentastar. 280 hp, 260 ft-lbs

Ford 2.3T -
Premium fuel - 300 hp, 330 ft-lbs (SEVENTY ft-lbs more than a base wrangler)
Regular 275 hp, 313 ft-lbs

The reality if you drive one is that the power of the 2.7 is effortless. Like in day to day driving you never floor it or get close.

And on the highway, you can maintain any speed you want up and down any reasonable hill without the transmission downshifting. 260 ft-lbs of torque vs 415 ft-lbs. That's a big difference.

phageghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
4. I must be getting old because I dig the 11 inch screen. I think that’s about how big the screen was on my first Mac in ‘86.
It was substantially smaller, actually. Apple Macintoshes sold in 1986 came with a 9 inch screen (monochrome and 512x512 resolution too, of course).

drvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2014 JKU, 2005 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
What says you? In what ways can the new Bronco inspire improvements from Jeep?
[/QUOTE]
3 piece hard top.
Thats is a huge quality of life advantage for me. Flexibility to take off...front....middle...front and middle....or front, middle and rear. Plus as a result the rear is easier to remove bc smaller and lighter.