Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I had the same thing on both our Jeeps. Both have the 3.6L (not that it matters) and one is and auto and one is stick. It's some sort of grease that gets let loose right in that spot you are showing and slings around in that pattern you are seeing, like a circular pattern. I know how weird it sounds but it's almost like it is some sort of excess packing grease that gets lets loose over time.

I have no idea what it is or where exactly it comes from, def a head scratcher but I can tell you I saw it MANY MANY miles ago and have since driven in all sorts of situations from rock crawling, to snow, to 2300 mile cross country trips with ZERO problems.

Get some degreaser and clean it off and call it a day. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. However if the dealer has any insight I'd love to hear what they say.

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Yea, I figured it was normal, especially since others see the same thing and it looks nothing like Tcase or Tranny fluids.

OP
OP

ryan2100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
I had my wife drop it off, they told her it was the driveshaft? Which is getting replaced currently. I will inquire more when I pick it up as that sounds suspect to me lol

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I had my wife drop it off, they told her it was the driveshaft? Which is getting replaced currently. I will inquire more when I pick it up as that sounds suspect to me lol
That sounds absurd.... please follow up once you read the work order!
Sponsored