David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
*Well at least that was the lyrics of a song.

Rut-roh! It looks like it is raining (and flipping) Jeeps! Ouch.
Jeep Wrangler JL They say "it never rains in California..." Screenshot_20210127-160729_News Break
Sponsored

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
It pours, man, it pours.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Someone had to do it,

OP
OP
Rock Hopper

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
... Southern California... it never rains in Southern California... ;)
Well actually both would be true!

Got on board a westbound 747
Didn't think before deciding what to do
Oh, that talk of opportunities, TV breaks and movies
Rang true, sure rang true
Seems it never rains in southern California
Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before
It never rains in California
But girl, don't they warn ya?
It pours, man, it pours
Out of work, I'm out of my head
Out of self respect, I'm out of bread
I'm underloved, I'm underfed
I wanna go home
It pours, man, it pours
Will you tell the folks back home I nearly made it?
Had offers but didn't know which one to take
Please don't tell 'em how you found me
Don't tell 'em how you found me
Gimme a break, give me a break
Seems it never rains in southern California
Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before
It pours, man, it pours

;););)

Sponsored

cmcullen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Rubicon, 2017 Ducati Multistrada
I grew up in Minnesota but have lived in SoCal for 21 years. Everyvtime it rains, someone rolls something. they just don't get it here... don't even get me started on the 2wd vehicles that put their snow chains on the wrong wheels...

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Sometimes it’ll go 2 months here with out any rain. When it does it’s as slick as ice on the roads until all of the oil and dust is washed away. Been this way as long as there have been paved roads and people just don’t get it.

OP
OP
Rock Hopper

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
I grew up in Minnesota but have lived in SoCal for 21 years. Everyvtime it rains, someone rolls something. they just don't get it here... don't even get me started on the 2wd vehicles that put their snow chains on the wrong wheels...
Same here in Northern California/Sierra. Too often I see people putting on chains way before they are in the snow (tearing up their car and the roads) or they wait too long, don’t put them on and drive like idiots once in the snow until they spin out or roll over. It’s the same every year, they just never learn.

For those of us in the former Golden State, it looks like this week we are getting our share of wind, rain and âť„.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Over here in NY we get the over cautious. If there’s just snow flurries and the highway is still dry they slow down to 35 mph creating an obstacle course on the highway.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Over here in NY we get the over cautious. If there’s just snow flurries and the highway is still dry they slow down to 35 mph creating an obstacle course on the highway.

there is a certain place for these people.

Sponsored

Outlawd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 punk'n Rubicon unlimited, 1968 Plymouth GTX, 1969 Coronet R/T 440 BDS 871 blower 900hp
"everytime it rains, someone rolls something" they must be rolling a joint if they are putting the chains on the wrong tires!!! :facepalm::LOL:

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I noticed a trend here about 10 years ago. When it rains hard, some drivers slow down to like 30 MPH on the highway/freeway/expressway and drive with their flashers on. Never saw that before, so I figured that it started elsewhere and those drivers brought it with them. Now I lt seems to be catching on as I see it more and more. If a driver is that afraid, they need to get off the road or at least the highway.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Same here in Northern California/Sierra. Too often I see people putting on chains way before they are in the snow (tearing up their car and the roads) or they wait too long, don’t put them on and drive like idiots once in the snow until they spin out or roll over. It’s the same every year, they just never learn.

For those of us in the former Golden State, it looks like this week we are getting our share of wind, rain and âť„.
The first storm this year in LA brought a bunch of snow to the san gabriels, I was pretty excited and grabbed my backcountry skiis to hit the backside of baldy. Then I remembered, since the start of covid people have seemed to realize we have mountains (they cant waste their money anymore at the mall), so I figured I'd pass since wife is pregnant and could pop at any moment. Dont wanna be stuck with a bunch of idiots driving their sedans on an icy/snowed windy mountain road. And what happened? it was all over the news, people flooded the mountain to play with dirty snow on the side of the road, there were i dont know how many accidents and people got stuck there for like 2 days. I feel bad for people who work up in the mountain, they couldnt get back home.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rock Hopper

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed a trend here about 10 years ago. When it rains hard, some drivers slow down to like 30 MPH on the highway/freeway/expressway and drive with their flashers on. Never saw that before, so I figured that it started elsewhere and those drivers brought it with them. Now I lt seems to be catching on as I see it more and more. If a driver is that afraid, they need to get off the road or at least the highway.
In many States including California it is illegal to drive with your flashers on.

Personally as a retired Firefighter it drives me crazy to see people doing this. Emergency lights are meant for emergencies and requesting the right of way. They are not meant to give drivers any magical powers other than to self identify them as being on the road when the operation of their vehicle is exceeding their talent...

Here is a link to which states allow and disallow emergency flashers while driving;
https://www.ajc.com/news/national/u...es-use-could-cost-you/4GKuiHXYiiowRgq5CgPjLP/
Sponsored