Sponsored

They misspelled my name on Window Sticker

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
I picked up my Mojito JLUR today. I ordered it June 3, and it came in July5! I love it! The only small disappointment is that my name is misspelled on the Window sticker. I chatted with Jeep today and they said only the selling dealer can request another window sticker, but she wasn’t sure if they could fix the spelling of the name. The dealer said they would look into it in the morning. Anyone else have this happen, and if so, what’s your experience? Thanks.
Sponsored

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I picked up my Mojito JLUR today. I ordered it June 3, and it came in July5! I love it! The only small disappointment is that my name is misspelled on the Window sticker. I chatted with Jeep today and they said only the selling dealer can request another window sticker, but she wasn’t sure if they could fix the spelling of the name. The dealer said they would look into it in the morning. Anyone else have this happen, and if so, what’s your experience? Thanks.
Is that like an error baseball card ...worth more?

Just going for glass half full, sorry for the luck man!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Will be easier to have the state of RI change your legal name to match the Moroney in comparison to getting the Moroney changed by FCA..

Enjoy the JL.. don't fret in regard to the Moroney name misspell...

Head over to Newport and get some good pics there with your new ride..

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
It’s a piece of paper that you’ll throw away. Move on.

Sponsored

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
My window sticker doesn't even have my name on it, yes I ordered it vs in stock. I didn't even know your name could be on it until this thread. Where is it supposed to be on the window sticker? Does anyone have a picture of one they could share (blot out your name perhaps)? This is mistake #19 made by my retarded dealership, including having to do a re-order because they left off a requested option. If I requested a new window sticker with my name, they would make mistake #20 and spell it wrong. So I won't even bother because I want to keep the amount of mistakes under 20. Since dealers make more money on service than the sale, I'm taking mine to another dealership. If they make that many mistakes on the simple things, just think how stupid they are on something complex like service. My dealership is so stupid, they make the movie Dumb and Dumber look like a documentary about Albert Einstein.

P.S. Out of curiosity, I called the JL support line at 866-362-2146 and chatted with Jeep chat, both said they didn't think names were printed on window stickers. But why on earth would they know? They are Jeep you know.

Last edited:

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
Yes, my dealer put the wrong middle initial... Too bad, I'll live with it. The PDF from the Jeep site and a little Photoshop actually makes a nicer print than the sticket that came with it.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
It’s a piece of paper that you’ll throw away. Move on.
Yeah, throw that away so that the next owner ends up spending money to reorder a sticker for the new-to-them Wrangler they just picked up that they should have gotten for free with the resale. Cool.

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Yeah, throw that away so that the next owner ends up spending money to reorder a sticker for the new-to-them Wrangler they just picked up that they should have gotten for free with the resale. Cool.
Who asks for a sticker with a used vehicle? Whatever, to each his own... my window sticker is already in the landfill.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Yes, my dealer put the wrong middle initial... Too bad, I'll live with it. The PDF from the Jeep site and a little Photoshop actually makes a nicer print than the sticket that came with it.
Where exactly on the window sticker is someone's name printed?

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
Where exactly on the window sticker is someone's name printed?
If you custom ordered your Wrangler, the sticker that comes in the window when it was delivered should read "This vehicle specifically built for (YOU)" in the upper-right corner... Mine reads "Ce véhicule a été spécialement fabriqué pour TIM..."

If you bought it off the lot, it probably reads: "For more information, contact..."

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
If you custom ordered your Wrangler, the sticker that comes in the window when it was delivered should read "This vehicle specifically built for (YOU)" in the upper-right corner... Mine reads "Ce véhicule a été spécialement fabriqué pour TIM..."

If you bought it off the lot, it probably reads: "For more information, contact..."
I custom ordered mine and it doesn't say that. Does your online window sticker have your name on it or just the print out? The one at https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
I custom ordered mine and it doesn't say that. Does your online window sticker have your name on it or just the print out? The one at https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=
No, just the page that came stuck to the window inside the Jeep. The online version is generic; you can type any VIN and see it, so you wouldn't want your name showing!

[Edit] The actual window sticker also has the name and address of the dealership at the bottom...
Sponsored

Last edited: