First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
As Scott said, there's no option to order after the fact. You install the app on your phone and "check in" on the trail. As I understand it, the app is basically verifying your gps on the trail to confirm you were there.

That said, I wish there were some around here that weren't 5+ hours away. I'd like to do some, but there's not a single BOH trail in Ohio. Utah on the other hand has 10 or more? And for those who say there's no trails in Ohio, keep in mind we have a National Park here so there's plenty of woodland to explore, it's not all dent corn.
Agreed! Being in SW Ohio its 3.5 - 4 hrs to Redbird, nearest BOH trail. It's a little over 4 hrs to Windrock TN for me.
Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Ohio, are you 5+ hours from Rausch Creek, Windrock or Bearwallow? Also can you point me in the direction of places to wheel in Ohio, I thought it was very limited.
Yeah Rausch Creek is just over 5 hours for me. Tennessee and Kentucky are both well over 6 hours, and the UP of Michigan is at least 6. I'm in the northeast corner of the state so getting to any official trail is not a day trip. You're staying the night if you go anywhere.

As for places to wheel in Ohio. It is pretty limited, most of our trails here are for hiking. The two most popular off-road locations in NE Ohio are Yankee Lake, which I think is basically just a mud pit. I've never never been there so I'm just guessing by how I've heard people talk about it. The other is Southington Off-Road Park. That one actually has trails that range from easy (like a drive through the woods) to more difficult trails where you're going to get some pinstripes and you'll need some mods to negotiate them. By Moab standards they're probably not very challenging, but it's somewhere to legally play. There are other similar parks scattered throughout Ohio, but none of them are BOH trails.

cluck2389

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S, 1996 Grand Cherokee
Ohio, are you 5+ hours from Rausch Creek, Windrock or Bearwallow? Also can you point me in the direction of places to wheel in Ohio, I thought it was very limited.
I'm a little late to this post, but don't forget AOAA is just short drive up the road from Rausch creek. AOAA now has 2 BOH trails, and Rausch has 3.
Sponsored