Sponsored

There is a phone ring coming from the dashboard...

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe this belongs in general discussion but here it goes...

About 2 weeks ago I noticed a very soft old school phone ring coming from the instrument cluster or there abouts. No one else could hear it and since I have the hearing a of a dog everyone blew me off.
Then over the last 2 weeks it's gotten louder to the point where everyone in the Jeep can here it. It happens about 15 or so seconds after the Jeep is started. It is a straight up old school phone ring and it is clearly coming from the driver's side dash.
This has NOTHING to do with a cell phone being in the Jeep or trying to be paired. I'm wondering if it is getting louder because it is ultimately going to be a warning that some sort of service is due.

Anyone else hearing this? We've got 13k miles on the Jeep.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Look, I saved the machine guns behind the headlights for another post. I just need some help with the phone ring on this post :)

Sponsored

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
Someone at the interior finishing line at the FCA assembly plant can't find their phone. Using a land line to call their phone hoping someone will pick up.

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab, 2019 BMW 335, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon, 2018 BMW 435i
Occupation
Broker/Owner
Someone at the interior finishing line at the FCA assembly plant can't find their phone. Using a land line to call their phone hoping someone will pick up.
Lol

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Someone on the forum posted a picture of chopsticks found in the sports bar. Not kidding!

Sponsored

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The 8.4" U-Connect versions have a 3G/4G modem which dials out to Jeep and lets you remote start your vehicle, track mileage, and other things. Only the 8.4" models have this. That is really weird. Can you record it for us?
I recorded a crappy video of it but it will not let me upload it here. I recorded it with an iPhone and it is a .MOV file but it is saying that file type is not allowed.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@mgroeger

Ok, I listened to the audio on your video.

My medical opinion is that you are over medicating. Decrease dosage immediately. ;)

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Doesn't sound like a phone ringing, but does sound like some kind of chime. Maybe it's like a welcome chime? :)

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I love all the humor... hardy har har and honestly I'd be busting on the guy who posted this IF IT WASN'T ME!!! :)

At least you can hear it, it really does sound like a phone ringing. The thing is it has gotten louder which is what is odd, well that and the fact that my dash rings like a phone.
Sponsored