thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Residing rurally has distinct disadvantages, though many more benefits: I don't even know where the keys to our home are; in town our offices are unlocked most all day while we go in and out for meetings; while not on vacation, at home or the office vehicles are rarely locked, (though we do not leave the keys or fobs in them); about town we lock them. When the sheriff passes me (and others) walking on the street he flashes his lights to wave, the fire chief does the same. Everything still happens in a small town, just not as often and typically the authorities have a good idea who may need a visit when it does. We live in an awesome country and given enough space most folks tend to their own businessā€”
Yep while mine was in the shop they had to take for an extended test drive, and I had two people text me asking who was in the jeep lol gotta love small towns.
Sponsored

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
. . . realizing each dayā€“
Yep while mine was in the shop they had to take for an extended test drive, and I had two people text me asking who was in the jeep lol gotta love small towns.
Yep: Every time I hire a 'cute' assistant my wife gets a call, "What a bastard he is for leaving you..." Married nearly 30 years, she approves all my assistants before hireā€”

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Well you might get a break on your auto-insurance. But my biggest question would be are you risking your factory warranty by having this installed?
Itā€™s no different than installing the Ravelco. Factory wires get cut, and aftermarket wires get connected. I would imagine if you had an electrical issue, youā€™d be SOL with any aftermarket device thatā€™s similar.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Itā€™s no different than installing the Ravelco. Factory wires get cut, and aftermarket wires get connected. I would imagine if you had an electrical issue, youā€™d be SOL with any aftermarket device thatā€™s similar.
Thatā€™s what one of the reviews stated. They cut into the wires and was splicing into stuff without disconnecting the batteries causing damage. Then argued it doesnā€™t matterā€¦ I seen a few reviews similar to that, I would use caution and really vet the installer. Because what ever they do, wonā€™t be warrantied by Jeep and could be a hassle to get them to stand behind their work. Something like this, I would want to either do myself. If thatā€™s not an option, I would see what the dealer would offer for something similar and let them do the install (then you have the dealer and Jeep problems later arise).

Jeep Wrangler JL Theft via Reprogrammer 159CAA9F-5DB2-4D26-BFDC-CF68BF661D35

Jeep Wrangler JL Theft via Reprogrammer 4D186601-CFD6-4DE6-B2A5-F01BBDE0D6B7

Sponsored

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
What about pulling the fuel pump fuse and the
Ignition fuse?

JLR_AEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon AEV Outfitted
What about pulling the fuel pump fuse and the
Ignition fuse?
That is a great option too. Towing it would only be the way at this point.
This is why its great to get hood locks or lock in case someone is watching you every night opening your hood and opening the fuse box.

JLR_AEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon AEV Outfitted
Thatā€™s what one of the reviews stated. They cut into the wires and was splicing into stuff without disconnecting the batteries causing damage. Then argued it doesnā€™t matterā€¦ I seen a few reviews similar to that, I would use caution and really vet the installer. Because what ever they do, wonā€™t be warrantied by Jeep and could be a hassle to get them to stand behind their work. Something like this, I would want to either do myself. If thatā€™s not an option, I would see what the dealer would offer for something similar and let them do the install (then you have the dealer and Jeep problems later arise).

That is unfortunate. I am sure there are edge cases for everything or one offs but I can say, as a Ravelco user myself, I have not had any issues at all. I made sure to even ask the right questions prior to install(i recorded the call). I wanted to make sure I was covered in the event of my car not working after the install.

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited

I donā€™t know the particulars of this install, but I will agree that if it worked when the installer was done, the anti-theft device likely didnā€™t cause any issues after the fact.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
The best part about my messed up manual trans is only 1/3 of the thieves could prob operate a manual, and even if they could, they wouldn't get very far with the 2nd gear issue :)

Sponsored

FWA05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting on my Rubicon
I have a 392 that thieves have attempted to steal from my parking garage twice in April. They unhook the horns by disconnecting the two wires in the front grill, then break the small glass on rear door and pop the lock to get in. They then tried to plug their programmer into something behind the glove compartment. The 1st time my 392 completely locked down and wouldn't start for me. The FOBs had to be reprogrammed. The 2nd time it started fine, but had to replace some fuses. I have an old school steering wheel lock now, but it is a pain in the butt replacing that little window.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Fairly sure I wouldn't enjoy owning a Jeep (or any vehicle) if I had to live with constant concern over some cat-and-mouse game against thieves.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Fairly sure I wouldn't enjoy owning a Jeep (or any vehicle) if I had to live with constant concern over some cat-and-mouse game against thieves.
Apparently some people think that buying a twelve gauge will magically fix it.

FWA05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting on my Rubicon
a 12 gauge would leave one less thief to worry about šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Sponsored